What's new
What's new

ER32 holder for 3/4" lathe square mount?

helocat

Aluminum
I am looking for a tool holder that will fit my new to me, well used TL2 with the 4 position auto change post. I would like to use ER32 holders but can not find anything available online for them? I am sure I am just using the wrong terminology.

Looking for somthing like these:

a28So19.png

Those look like boring bar holders with ER adapters sorta stabbed in there.

I would probably weld a chunk of rod or DOM to a piece of 3/4" square CR, bore a hole to fit the ER thing and drill/tap for a setscrew.

Can you buy or make a morse taper er35 collet holder? A morse taper qc tool holder is common. Or a boring bar holder and get an Ar35 with a straight shank.
Bill D

I bought a square and hex collet blocs for an ER40 collet set. Just like the common 5c sets. Stumbled across them on E-Bay a few years ago. They were pretty cheap. Don't recall the seller.

Most people use turret bushings in a CNC lathe. You just make them. I have never seen a laydown style turret that small though. Seems like a very primitive turret.

If I needed to hold, say, a 3/8 drill bit in that turret I'd mill a 3/4" tang on a chunk of steel and use a drill chuck held in the lathe chuck to drill and ream a hole for the drill. Add a setscrew and done.

Back