What's new
What's new

Ex-cell-o milling machine

Albb44

Plastic
We have an ex-cell-o work center [milling machine] model 508 serial 508-048. Does anyone have any knowledge of these machine We r looking to sell it. We have lots of tooling with it. We have never set it up

Not familiar with a 508 pictures ? 608 were the ones I have been around. Canada made last made '86 or so. What taper ? R-8 or? Also pictures of tooling. Off the top of my head your area $1000-4000 depending on condition and tooling. They were a bit heaver built than a Bridgeport.

Ex-cell-o 508’s were a primitive bed NC mill from the late 1970’s. The much more common 602’s were highly regarded turret mills like a B-port only heavier and imo nicer. I think the last 602’s were made mid 1980’s. 602’s came with R8 or 40 taper spindles.

L7

We have an ex-cell-o work center [milling machine] model 508 serial 508-048. Does anyone have any knowledge of these machine We r looking to sell it. We have lots of tooling with it. We have never set it up

Ex-cell-o 508’s were a primitive bed NC mill from the late 1970’s. The much more common 602’s were highly regarded turret mills like a B-port only heavier and imo nicer. I think the last 602’s were made mid 1980’s. 602’s came with R8 or 40 taper spindles.

L7

Looks like you need to post some pic of the machine & control.

Primitive ? why, you, ... 8&^%$#))$% &^%-(* !

Are there any places left doing retros on big old stuff ? the iron is still fine, it's just the control and drives that have gone to their maker. Ox has a similar one, but smaller :)
IIRC there is a place in Corry, Pa doing HBMs, the newer models with hardened & ground ways.
MPE Machine Tool

Not familiar with a 508 pictures ? 608 were the ones I have been around. Canada made last made '86 or so. What taper ? R-8 or? Also pictures of tooling. Off the top of my head your area $1000-4000 depending on condition and tooling. They were a bit heaver built than a Bridgeport.

These are some pics of the Ex-Cell-o

Attachments

• IMG_1466.jpg
    IMG_1466.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_1465.jpg
    IMG_1465.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_1463.jpg
    IMG_1463.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_1464.jpg
    IMG_1464.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1461.jpg
    IMG_1461.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 126
For General info on these check this out.
EX-CELL-O Machine Tools, Inc. - Publication Reprints - Ex-Cell-O Workcenter Machines 208 - 408 - 508 | VintageMachinery.org

They use up to 4 different CNC at the time. They should be 50 taper but they would do specials. (never two exactly alike).

If you like this style of machine and want a new one I know where new ones are made here in the USA. Good luck on this machine. They were fine machines in there day.

Yup, I have designed fixturing for them.

Thanks for the information. This machine was built for Northwest airlines. It was purchased at their auction. We would like to sell it to someone who could get some use out of it. I don't know if there are any still being used today. maybe there are some parts from this machine that have some value.

I wish you good luck on selling it whole or in parts. People who ran them really liked them.

Back