What's new
What's new

FADAL coolant leak. NEED HELP!!!

Son of Sam

Aluminum
I have a 3016 Fadal (bought used) that is leaking coolant (cutting fluid) in the center of the machine directly under the tower section/main casting. I traced the coolant lines from the pump up to the head and no signs of a leak in hose. I have also cleaned out under the way covers and any other place (such as the Y axis valley) that I have found grime. Machine was previously equipped with a pallet changer. All of the factory silicone sealing appears to be intact around where the casting meats the sheet metal. Currently running with pig mats and a mop bucket, loosing about 2 gallons on 8 hours. Someone please give me some indication of where to go next to fix this leak. Its driving me NUTZZZ

I would do this. Clean out as much dirt as you can under the machine. Rig up a new hose from the rear pump and either plug in the pump to an extension cord or MDI an M8 command. Selectively spray coolant around in various spots, just like you'd find a leak in a car window. Using a helper, climb around with a flashlight until you identify the area where spraying out the coolant makes the worst leak.

The pallet changer would appear to be possibly the weak link, I haven't heard of many of those around here. Most are just single table no pallet models.

i have an idea,

1. disconnect coolant hose from tank.
2. inject pressurized air in hose.
3. ????
4. profit!!

ok enough joking, i just think that maybe you can hear the air escaping thru the leak area and thus would be easier to find. :willy_nilly:

disclaimer: im not responsible if you end up making the hole bigger :D

So it's leaking where the sheet metal meets the casting?
If that's the case you remove the sheet metal and reseal it with new caulking.
or make a large drip pan and dump it back in the tank

Back