What's new
What's new

Familiar with this machinery supplier?

Zip

Aluminum
Looking for a bench-top milling machine (hobby use) and just came upon this company. I have a very small shop and a small mill on a roller cabinet is the best solution. With that in mind found this company and was wondering if anyone has experience with them.

https://www.precisionmatthews.com/

Last edited:
Looking for a bench-top milling machine (hobby use) and just came upon this company. I have a very small shop and a small mill on a roller cabinet is the best solution. With that in mind found this unit:

Features I like: brush-less motor, belt drive, rigid column, R8

I know most of the Chinese units are cast in one mold, one factory but this one seems to be a bit more stout as compared to the others.

https://www.precisionmatthews.com/shop/pm-25mv/
Topic titles need to inform what your topic is actually about

And....

Machinery Discussion Guidelines

Yeah, I bought my 16x40 from Precision Matthews 10 years ago. Functionality is fine. Fit and finish would never be confused with a current Euro, Japanese or Korean machine.

PM the company was fine AFAIAC, but it's basically a one-tech company. So the spare parts situation is even worse then the typical Chinese importer/distributor. The guy can be busy with work and slow to respond on occasion. On the plus side, he goes (10 years past tense) over every machine as it comes off the boat before shipping it on to the customer, and he specs above average mechanical components.

There is a difference in quality among import Chinese budget tools. PM seems to be competitive on that front.

So, you are ignoring digger, and he can be annoying, but there is a reason the class of machine you asked about is not to be discussed here on PM forums, I answered you because you rephrased the question into one about the seller. But for mill/drills, there are other net forums better suited for exchanging info.

Last edited:
Yeah, I bought my 16x40 from Precision Matthews 10 years ago. Functionality is fine Fit and finish would never be confused with a currenr Euro, Japanese or Korean machine.

PM the company was fine AFAIAC, but it's basically a one-tech company. So the spare parts situation is even worse then the typical Chinese importer/distributor. The guy can be busy with work and slow to respond on occasion, On the plus side, he goes (10 years past tense) over every machine as it comes off the boat before shipping it on to the customer, and he specs above average mechanical components.

There is a difference in quality among import Chinese budget tools. PM seems to be competitive on that front.

So, you are ignoring digger, and he can be annoying, but there is a reason the class of machine you asked about is not to be discussed here on PM forums, I answered you because you rephrased the question into one about the seller. But for mill/drills, there are other net forums better suited for exchanging info.

Thanks (BTW I amended my question)

I'm adding to sfriedburg's comment about parts. Here's a video about a PM mill with a drive failure. Kind of long, with some mistakes, but PM really stood behind the machine. PM was very generous with their repair parts, but the parts supplied were very scattershot. For example, three speed control pots were involved, all with different knobs, mounting, and resistance values. Two different speed displays(4pulse/rev, 16 pulse/rev).

YouTube

I actually am not aware of the history. Care to enlighten me?

This is why the stickies up top...to STOP REPOSTING about it.

George's site, hoemshopmachinist, cnc.zone.com all love these mindless circle jerk discussions.

The site owner here "Milacron" does not, hence the rules up top.

Stop arguing about it.

Deal with it.

This is why the stickies up top...

Yea, but stickies are like speed limits, yellow lights, yield signs. You just ignore them until you get busted and suddenly it's the enforcement's fault!!

Although like with most rules somebody did it so now they have to have a rule against it, which brings up what it was that caused the rule against hacksaws.

I actually am not aware of the history. Care to enlighten me?

When castigated about these same kind of junk machine posts Nelson got his panties in his crack, threatened to sue, (he's allegedly some kind of ambulance chaser) and then said he'd start his own site and run PM out of business. He started a site but had no posts so he copied a huge bunch of posts from PM, changed the posters names and put them on his site. I believe they are all deleted now. The site is basically a mutual admiration site for the mechanically and socially impaired.

When castigated about these same kind of junk machine posts Nelson got his panties in his crack, threatened to sue, (he's allegedly some kind of ambulance chaser) and then said he'd start his own site and run PM out of business. He started a site but had no posts so he copied a huge bunch of posts from PM, changed the posters names and put them on his site. I believe they are all deleted now. The site is basically a mutual admiration site for the mechanically and socially impaired.

Out of morbid curiosity I finally checked out that site. I have no idea how someone like that could make it to adulthood. There's an entire section for cyber bullying. Someone like that in any of the places I've worked would have been chingled till he went home crying.

This is why the stickies up top...to STOP REPOSTING about it.

George's site, hoemshopmachinist, cnc.zone.com all love these mindless circle jerk discussions.

The site owner here "Milacron" does not, hence the rules up top.

Stop arguing about it.

Deal with it.

You have been particularity grouchy lately. Did you forget your Metamucil?

You have been particularity grouchy lately. Did you forget your Metamucil?

Not grouchy at all sunshine...just explaining to you the parts you should have read.

Reading comprehension still is a problem for you I see.

Slide on over to the home machinist site, there they will praise every single word that you type, give you "participation" stars each and every day.

Back