What's new
What's new

Fastenal Shipping - Any damage or loss experience?

Mud

Diamond
I'm ready to try Fastenal shipping. I have a $4000 item going from PA to SD. It's crated and weighs 375 lbs. According to Fastenal's terms, that means it's covered for damage up to $5 per lb, or $1850. I asked the woman in charge what the coverage is in the event of loss of the shipment. Her answer is the following
As for insurance it is a case by case matter. I have seen freight charges be refunded in full as well as a refund be issued for the value of the item, proof of payment would have to be provided.

Has anyone here used Fastenal and had either good or bad results? Ever had a claim with them?

I'm ready to try Fastenal shipping. I have a $4000 item going from PA to SD. It's crated and weighs 375 lbs. According to Fastenal's terms, that means it's covered for damage up to $5 per lb, or $1850. I asked the woman in charge what the coverage is in the event of loss of the shipment. Her answer is the following

Has anyone here used Fastenal and had either good or bad results? Ever had a claim with them?

I just shipped a K&T head that the buyer setup, it showed up without any issues! IIRC, the price was almost a hundred dollars cheaper through Fastenal!

I wouldn't hesitate using them......as far as damage or loss insurance, I think that's a crap shoot anyway you go? Trucking companies say you have insurance, but try and collect! The only way to get any money for damages or loss from a freight company is small claims court!

Kevin

I have used Fastenal several times, always with a good outcome. Items have all been robust so no damage, but the packaging has always arrived in good condition as well.

I've also had no issues with damage. They require it to be on a pallet. First time I went there with a fork-liftable wooden crate, they made me go back and mount it on a pallet. I think they were interpreting the rules a little too literally when they read "pallet" in the instructions. Common sense is lost of millenials.

I've used them twice- once from SoCal to NorCal and once from California to Texas. The shorter trip was less than what LTL shipping would have cost and the 2nd one was slightly more than what I could ship thru Freightquote- like $30.00 more, but no scheduling pickup hassles etc Both shipments were quick and easy with no damage. BUT, I tend to build a crate like a brick s_it house when I ship stuff. I have to say the fork lift skills at the store left a little room for thought, but. The folks you deal with to set up the shipment were fast and efficient and you just show up at the store with the item and the paperwork and it all works. Be aware, all Fastenal stores do not have forklifts, so double check that.

Back