What's new
What's new

Fedex leaving deliveries on the STREET now?

tomjelly

Stainless
Just got a Fedex package (at my rural address along a county road) and rather than driving down my driveway to put it on the doorstep or in front of the garage, left it under my streetside mailbox. Neighbors delivery a few days later made it a few feet down their drive. WTF? I can't even leave the flag up on my mailbox because scum were stealing outgoing mail to wash the checks, and they think those packages will get left alone? This is along a 55mph road with a double yellow line, not some cul de sac....100' or so driveway.

I fear this may be a new policy. Maybe they are waiting to see how many claims they get and adjust the computer program to then only leave the boxes not quite delivered at addresses where they don't get stolen so they can do half the job in most places? :nutter:

Nothing new, UPS dropped off 20 brand new rifles in boxes in front of gunsmith friends place on a rural road a few years back, he had a talk with the supervisor, they now hold them and he picks up at depot.

Same here. They're lazy and incompetent.

But...I usually don't mind because when they did come down the driveway, they inevitably would go off the pavement (which is 2 lane wide concrete with turnaround) and rut up the yard.

It's the new America.

The problem is the system that tracks the drivers gives them a certain amount of time to make a drop-off. Stray too far outside your programmed timeframe or route, and you get reprimanded.

Second, shipping volume is way up- people are ordering everything these days, from toilet paper to clothes.

And third, like any industry that relies on drivers, they're very short-handed and suffering from high turnover.

Like the rest of this modern economy, it's a perfect storm- or perfect s**tstorm, anyway.

Doc.

I sure am glad I don't live where you complainers do. The UPS guy that delivers here puts stuff around back ever since we had a porch pirate a couple years ago. I left some written instructions the other day about declining one box with a tracking number I wrote down and accepting an identical box from the same warehouse with a different tracking number. He got it dead right. Always has a simile and a wave. Same for our USPS guy. Wife received a somewhat bulke package the other day. He offered to carry it into the house. No reason I couldn't do it and I did. But he was ready to do it. We share an address with another house that is on an east vs our west designation. Been a couple years since anyone got it wrong. That is my world today---good folks that I appreciate. Might not hurt that come Christmas they will both get a well-deserved decent tip. Those guys can really help you out if so inclined.

Denis

The UPS driver was very good for many years. Then he retired, and the new guys cycle in and out every few months.

A company should offer good service regardless of the individual driver. When I pay them, I don't sometimes give them good money and sometimes bad money.

The common worker, more and more, seems to be entering the mindset that he/she is free to make their own rules as it applies to their job.

FEDEX idiot left a .50 caliber air rifle( DRagonClaw) in front of our retail clothing store on a busy sidewalk at 9:00 am .
my wife doesn't open the store until 11 am . not only was the
box clearly marked AIRGUN DEPOT , COST $800 , BUT WAS FULLY
PRESSURE CHARGED-3000psi- AND CONTAINED A BOX OF .50 CALIBER AMMO.
SOOO....what if some street kid asshole stole the box, and
decided it would be funny to use the contents to harm others with this deer/boar airgun...
would it be my fault or the driver's ?

I sure am glad I don't live where you complainers do. The UPS guy that delivers here puts stuff around back ever since we had a porch pirate a couple years ago. I left some written instructions the other day about declining one box with a tracking number I wrote down and accepting an identical box from the same warehouse with a different tracking number. He got it dead right. Always has a simile and a wave. Same for our USPS guy. Wife received a somewhat bulke package the other day. He offered to carry it into the house. No reason I couldn't do it and I did. But he was ready to do it. We share an address with another house that is on an east vs our west designation. Been a couple years since anyone got it wrong. That is my world today---good folks that I appreciate. Might not hurt that come Christmas they will both get a well-deserved decent tip. Those guys can really help you out if so inclined.

Denis

"Complainers" ???

These people are posting about very VALID problems.

YOU don't have this problem.

Around here, FEDEX ground is a contracted service. They are not FEDEX employees. They don't give a shit, either. In the last 10 months, #6 live center, a couch, box of soap have never shown up. I have found packages as much as a mile down the road from the shop. Once, the moron tried to deliver a package to a business across the street from the shop. They pointed out my shop to him and the stupid mother fucker still couldn't find the place. Different driver, two days later, left the package at my gate.

The real FEDEX guys despise the ground people because of the all the complaints they here about them.

My UPS guy is the latest in a long line of really good people. He tells the substitute drivers to make sure they deliver to me, face to face.

I once had a package fail to arrive. The FedEx website said 'unable to locate street'.

I called FedEx and asked WTF???

The lady there put me on hold and called the driver. He told her he couldn't find my street. She explained to me that in more remote areas, the street are not well marked and don't always show on maps, etc. The driver has no choice but to return the package to the FedEx center, etc. I was so thankful for her explanation. It was informative, considerate, and helped me understand why the parts I needed yesterday had not arrived.

But....as soon as she concluded her spiel, I felt no choice other than to inform her that my street is major thoroughfare....so big that it has its own exit sign off Highway 290, the major highway that connects Houston to Austin. I also felt inclined to point out that in addition to a multitude of large businesses on my road, there are 3 churches, a massive school complex, and FedEx office.

I have a prescription from the VA for Oxycodone for a wound where someone very successfully punctured my hide in numerous places in Viet Nam. I am supposed to sign for it. They leave that stuff everywhere. It's like an Easter egg hunt trying to find it after I get notification that it has shipped. I haven't complained because sometimes it's not convenient for me to have to sign for packages. Just kind of curious what the actual rules are.

Here is a question regarding deliveries.
Do you own a dog? Has it ever been outside and off leash during a drop off?
Seems that this stuff is tracked.
Me a dog person but sort of makes sense. Neighbor dog will never leave it's yard. But If I walk into the yard by one step "holy crap, not welcome".
Yet my dog goes down when free and eats from his food bowl.

Fedex has plenty of safe places where your packages can be left at for pickup. My local drugstore is one which was a new idea to me.
Known a few people who worked as Fedex drivers. I think none would call this the best job they ever had.
Good to say that one does not like the service and hope things will change way upstairs but walk a mile in their shoes also applies.
Do not shoot the messenger.
Bob

Back