What's new
What's new

Feeler gauge / thickness gauge

daedong

Plastic
Hi, I need to buy some metric feeler gauges to set the valve clearance on a motorcycle and have been told the width of the blades need to be narrow, around 8mm, I have searched the net but can't seem to find any that narrow. Could someone here set me in the right direction?

Search for tapered feeler gauges. I have an old set made by A&E Mfg of Racine WI. They are about 6.5 mm wide at the tip.

Worst case, you can always cut or grind down the ends of a cheap standard width set, deburring like a fanatic so the edges of each leaf are no thicker than stock.

Hi, I need to buy some metric feeler gauges to set the valve clearance on a motorcycle and have been told the width of the blades need to be narrow, around 8mm, I have searched the net but can't seem to find any that narrow. Could someone here set me in the right direction?

i take some out of a 50 foot roll and cut with scissors. tapered end i cut too. usually bur is minor if worried about it could always sand it. can cut easily .005" with scissors
usually 0.03mm or .0012" is only metric size i buy as rest i just use closest inch size

Back