What's new
What's new

First picture from new camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

implmex

Diamond
Hi All:
So last week I finally got a new camera to replace the Nikon Coolpix 990 I bought in 2001.
It was starting to get pretty creaky and it can't shoot video.

I got a Canon M50, and I've been playing with it this past week snapping stills and noodling with the video function trying to learn how to work the controls.
Here is the first ever still picture I've published from it.
Nothing fancy, just 6 mount brackets sitting on my surface plate.

I want to learn how to make Youtube videos...it's going to be the new hobby to keep me amused on cold winter nights now that I'm too old for sex and am sick of the endless shit on TV.
Let's see if there's any interest in yet another old toolbreaker wanting to pass on some of his knowledge before he goes.
I think it's gonna be fun to learn to get good at it.
Wish me luck guys!

Cheers
Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Attachments

• IMG_0045.jpg
    IMG_0045.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 243
I can fully understand the "endless shit on tv", but what is this "too old for sex" you speak of?? :)

I went mirrorless a while back, though I use brand N. What you can do with these cameras is astounding and the video performance leaves little to be desired. Your still shot looks good- I'm mostly a still guy. I think there's a burr on the third part. :D The challenge will be learning lighting and video editing. I've done a bit and it's not too hard. There's a free video editor called Openshot that's pretty decent. OpenShot Video Editor | Free, Open, and Award-Winning Video Editor for Linux, Mac, and Windows!

How does it perform with led lighting?

I've started converting the shop to led lights and afterwards noticed pics I would take were blurry/fuzzy that I attributed to coffee or haste.
Took the pic outside with same camera and no problem.

Hi again All:
I'm still learning to work the basic buttons...I have a long long way to go before I can make it do what I want.
My spare time right now consists of playing with the controls, seeing what I get and erasing it again.
I'm a total noob at this videography thing, so there's going to be a lot of playing involved.

We'll see if I ever make anything worth putting out there...I have a notion to try to eventually make videos as impressive as these:
The Chris Ramsay Playing Card Press - YouTube

I find this kind of video highly watchable and I'm trying to figure out what, specifically I like about it so I can make something comparable, but using subject matter that I know about.
I find nothing more boring than watching 20 minutes of a cut on the milling machine...especially if I don't agree with how it's being done, but this guy has done a superb job of composition, videography, voice over, editing and presentation...lots to know, and I don't know any of it yet!

So it's watch and learn time, and it's play with the buttons time.
No deadline no pressure, no whiney customer...just stuff I like, purely for my own pleasure.

Not quite as good as the sex I remember, but still pretty good!

Cheers

Marcus
Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Some guys made a U tube video of my old crane working.....spend half a day....then they told me it was no good for U tube ,cause nothing broke and the crane didnt tip over like they had been told it would......yeah I have come close the last couple of months Ive been cleaning the old scrap yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back