What's new
What's new

FIRST Robotics, I need a Conpound Bow Limb

garyhlucas

Stainless
Its a new season and our team is battling Covid in the schools and we are still trying to build a robot in just 8 weeks. We need the fiberglass limb from an older style compound bow. These limbs are like 18” long with a bolt hole at one end and a fork at the other. The forked end has a cross pin hole for axle that held the cam wheels.

Anybody got one? Donation? Cheap?

Its a new season and our team is battling Covid in the schools and we are still trying to build a robot in just 8 weeks. We need the fiberglass limb from an older style compound bow. These limbs are like 18” long with a bolt hole at one end and a fork at the other. The forked end has a cross pin hole for axle that held the cam wheels.

Anybody got one? Donation? Cheap?

I have an old Barnett "Banshee" it is at least 30 years old and AFAIK it has never been used.
Sticker says:
Peak Weight 60
Draw Length 30
Draw Length 30.31
Range
String Length 37

It is currently "strung" and I have no idea how to "un-string" it safely so I can't disassemble it without some help. I think my father bought it at some sale 30+ years ago. You are welcome to it gratis. If it needs to be shipped you will have to pay shipping. Where are you in NJ?

David,
Exactly what we need. I am in Hightstown, NJ exit 8 on the nj turnpike. I only need the limbs and will gladly pay shipping if you are too far.

I am about an hour to hour and a half away (traffic depending.) I can drop down tomorrow around lunch time. Let me know where and when via pm on PM.

So I met Dave today as he drove an hour or more each way to my job to deliver the compound bow!
Some mighty fine people here, and I greatly appreciate what he did. We can test a prototype this weekend now which is huge.

I gave him a brief tour of our manufacturing of solar water heaters for pools. I showed him the big fully automated drilling machine I wrote about in the Automation forum. Its been over a year. They canceled the order for the used Fadal so I have no inhouse machining capability so we pay a ton of money for machining or wait weeks for delivery. The Fadal would have easily paid for itself in less than a year.

Wish I could help…only recurves around here haha!

You should have seen the look on a parent's face when I let a girl from the jr. archery program try my son's compound bow from her recurve and she screamed "this is awesome"! All that recurve gear gone to waste. But now we suck the kids into Jr. Olympic rifle.

Back