What's new
What's new

Fixed now 4:54 PST

Log analysis

Yes, finally....still don't know what the problem was..

Your server's, chron, caching accelerator, httpd, DB etc. etc.. logs probably do know. At least as to narrowing down where to dig deepest.

Can be a dozen or more as needs looked at, and it is about a tedious and s****y a job as exists anywhere in IS/IT land to analyze them, especially 'manually'

Might be worth it?

Whatever it was, if it happened once...

Russians down this site?

NFW.

They . .and the Chinese . . would consider PM a valuable asset for 'data mining' for info they could make use of.

Perhaps an indicator of the changes in health of US & European technology and industry, the tooling being advertised.. etc.

Not how to scrap-in a 1936 Southbent. Sorry, blame Freud. Meant "scrape-in"

Bill

Your server's, chron, caching accelerator, httpd, DB etc. etc.. logs probably do know. At least as to narrowing down where to dig deepest.

Can be a dozen or more as needs looked at, and it is about a tedious and s****y a job as exists anywhere in IS/IT land to analyze them, especially 'manually'

Might be worth it?

Russians down this site?

NFW.

They . .and the Chinese . . would consider PM a valuable asset for 'data mining' for info they could make use of.

Perhaps an indicator of the changes in health of US & European technology and industry, the tooling being advertised.. etc.

Bill[/QUOTE

Ruskies and Chinamen are after all that SB info!

Ruskies and Chinamen are after all that SB info!

Hey - edit and fix yer quoting, please...

SB? Noooo.

But just the flow of tool adverts and advice as to speeds, feeds, inserts for CNC is of value. Also trouble-shooting of OLDER Japanese CNC & c. that they still consider gold.

They don't just copy feelthy movies. They copy hints, applied skills and shared wisdom in general.

Hey - edit and fix yer quoting, please...

SB? Noooo.

But just the flow of tool adverts and advice as to speeds, feeds, inserts for CNC is of value. Also trouble-shooting of OLDER Japanese CNC & c. that they still consider gold.

They don't just copy feelthy movies. They copy hints, applied skills and shared wisdom in general.

Even 20+ years ago, I'd put a server in Singapore or still-British Hong Kong? I'd look around on the LAN that led to our local and international bandwidth ration?

Sure 'nuf there would be a commercially rented server on that segment and IP block, boldly run by "New China News Agency" not even trying to hide their identity behind some captive company.

AKA the Chinese CIA.

My servers in Hong Kong would grow mold on their arses if they weren't busy firewalling Chinese, Taiwanese, and Korean probes.

Bill

Might be worth it?

Russians down this site?

NFW.

Bill

Has happened before with this forum, this is not the first occurrence of this problem.

Has happened before with this forum, this is not the first occurrence of this problem.

Sorry, no.

Not like this, not on this scale, not requiring as much time to sort out, and not as puzzling.

This ain't Milacron nor his team's first rodeo.

Usually, they know which critter has shit in the sugar bowl real soon even if it takes a while to propagate the fix.

This one had some new and worrisome flavours.

Sorry, no.

Not like this, not on this scale, not requiring as much time to sort out.

This one had some new and worrisome flavours.

From the perspective of this user the problem was identical to one I reported previously.
I can appreciate that under the covers it acted or appeared different to you.

From the perspective of this user the problem was identical to one I reported previously.
I can appreciate that under the covers it acted or appeared different to you.

Aye, it certainly did that.

:)

Average user probably didn't run several different browsers off two workstations, two different OS'en oh-dark 5:18 this ayem 'til it was fixed, plus run the 'recent activity' to find the break in post time-stamps trying to spot problem onset and pattern, either.

No Joy. Just a few suspicions. I do not have, nor want, 'root' nor even a shell account on that system. And No Fine Way I would be the one to tackle the logs, either!

Fifty one years of that s**t is about 50 years, 11 months, and 3 weeks too much already, 1965 AN/FSQ-7 & AN/GSA-51 onward.

:(

BTW.. Thanks, Milacron.

Prolly spent the same hours at the coal-face today, many times as frustrated by them, and had something else entirely on today's dance-card that had to just .... wait.

Bill

Back