What's new
What's new

Flu Shot Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's that time of year again, had mine today.

Sami exits stage left muttering ''Let the shit storm begin'' :rolleyes5:

I had mine last Saturday Sami. 4 doctors doing the injections - bang, bang, bang, bang. You came in in your turn, in through the front door and out through the back door. You were told to come wearing a short sleeved shirt. I bet I was only in the surgery 20 to 30 seconds at the most.

Regards Tyrone.

Same here Tyrone - one rather posh elderly woman commented in a very ladida voice ''now I know what sheep feels like going through the race'' like she was not enjoying the experience.

''Not yet you don't lady,'' says Sami over his shoulder ''you're going through the dip on the way out.''

Same here Tyrone - one rather posh elderly woman commented in a very ladida voice ''now I know what sheep feels like going through the race'' like she was not enjoying the experience.

''Not yet you don't lady,'' says Sami over his shoulder ''you're going through the dip on the way out.''

ROFLMAO!

Pig farmer as had to deliver his own firstborn. Midwife finally arrives an hour late through the snowstorm, finds all is in rather good order.

"D'yah have any problems, then?"

"Nah. All in a day's work after so many years in."

"Only HARD part was convincing a newbie city lass she was meant to eat the expelled placenta for the important nutrients init."

This is one thing where if you have insurance, the US IS sensible - you can just go to a pharmacy, usually a short wait, no charge. (Because vaccines like that have an actual negative cost - they save more in costs than the cost to administer.)
I'll being getting mine in the coming week. Was going to get it earlier in the summer but read credible info that the effects don't last forever, so late september/early october are actually the best time. (Which suggests you lot all timed it about right, and I won't be far off.)

Also, when you get a physical, ask about pneumonia vaccines - turns out they are safe and widely given, but for some reason we don't routinely give them to people in the US until age 60. But another way to protect yourself from unnecessary and useless risk.

Kaiser had drive through flu shots in their parking lot. I think you were suppposed to wear a mask.
Ask about a shingles shot if over 50 or so
Bill D.

ROFLMAO!

Pig farmer as had to deliver his own firstborn. Midwife finally arrives an hour late through the snowstorm, finds all is in rather good order.

"D'yah have any problems, then?"

"Nah. All in a day's work after so many years in."

"Only HARD part was convincing a newbie city lass she was meant to eat the expelled placenta for the important nutrients init."

A good friends townie niece gave birth to her first child - mother and son both doing fine.

Sami sent a card, ''something for the baby'' .....................and a set of calf ear tags!

A good friends townie niece gave birth to her first child - mother and son both doing fine.

Sami sent a card, ''something for the baby'' .....................and a set of calf ear tags!

ROFL! Just thinking on that very sort of connection "back in the day" used to hurt ME as a young kid applying them - needed both hands to squeeze the punch/rivet thingie - more than it seemed to bother the calf!

G'Mum ran the Jersey's & Guernseys for butter & milk. Practically "pets", & friendly. Or at least alert & curious with nice "personality" to each of 'em.

G'Dad ran the "white face" cousins to a Hereford for cash and the table.

Good division, actually.

If those had any more sense than "eat more!" they hid it well enough no tears were ever shed over the roast beef dinners!

Last of the hog-raising was given up when a Poland China sow made a run at G'Mum from her blind spot.

All the heavy-side of our successive Oorang Airedales, only ever one on-duty at a time, given Collies ran the cattle, were always named "Laddie".

If you know Watersides and Airedales in their "usual" body mass, one of Oorang's bigger boys had NO problem rocketing under that sow, nailing the off-side front leg in a jaw-lock, setting HIS anchors, arching his back, and rolling her truant ass across the paddock like a nine-pin ball squealing as if the Devil himself was shagging her with a bob-wire condom. Leg was gone useless. Airedale didn't give any more of a damn that a B-52 "Arclight" strike cared about noise-pollution.

Sow dressed out, same day at 300 lbs and onto the hooks in the smokehouse for her bad manners. Hog avoids strength, eats weakness. Daren't give 'em first bite. They got more teeth.

Verdict was final. Ham was good.

Well-raised Airedales are serious-good judges of character - including identifying worthless humans "at once", sorting a threat so fast it seems like YESTERDAY's news and cycle on to the next threat like a belt-fed Vickers water-cooled. It's just what they do.

Pity we can't turn a few of them loose in our seats of Government ever' now and then!

This is one thing where if you have insurance, the US IS sensible - you can just go to a pharmacy, usually a short wait, no charge. (Because vaccines like that have an actual negative cost - they save more in costs than the cost to administer.)
I'll being getting mine in the coming week. Was going to get it earlier in the summer but read credible info that the effects don't last forever, so late september/early october are actually the best time. (Which suggests you lot all timed it about right, and I won't be far off.)

Also, when you get a physical, ask about pneumonia vaccines - turns out they are safe and widely given, but for some reason we don't routinely give them to people in the US until age 60. But another way to protect yourself from unnecessary and useless risk.

This time last year you could get the flu injection at any pharmacy. Just walk in and they'd do it there and then. I don't know about this year with the virus. I had the pneumonia injection a few years ago. You only have that once. A pal of mine had both of those on the same day and he was left feeling rough for a week or so after that. Maybe it's not a good idea to have them together. I'm also due the shingles injection.

Regards Tyrone.

This time last year you could get the flu injection at any pharmacy. Just walk in and they'd do it there and then. I don't know about this year with the virus. I had the pneumonia injection a few years ago. You only have that once. A pal of mine had both of those on the same day and he was left feeling rough for a week or so after that. Maybe it's not a good idea to have them together. I'm also due the shingles injection.

Regards Tyrone.

If that one WORKS.. I cannot recommend it too highly! Pneumonia was easy. I just GOT 2 or 3 flavours of it and recovered. Early days. 18 through 20-something? Young enough it was rough, but not as deadly as it can be in extreme age.

Varicella Zoster, OTOH?

Shingles - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic

G'mum, Mum, M'in law, finally Wife all got it, ages and ages apart, timeline-wise, 1950's to present-day.

Poor Wife describing it, arrogant me figuring childhood "chickenpox" protected me?
It did not. NO external lesions atall in my case.

But it is a NUISANCE, now! 76th year and ongoing!

Takes up residence in the central nervous system. What you THEN get is random sharp stabs as if jabbed with a needle or bitten by a rapacious beetle.

But the SITE is undamaged! The spike went into the nerve net, to/from that site, alright- but it did so not at the "working end" of the wires.

Right at the nerve bundle in the spinal cord or close-to, rather!

Not fun!

Bugs that bite me die. But this is one that will not do so until I am at least a few hours gone ....ahead of it!

Risk the shot!

I got my flu shot about a month ago.

Got the first shingle shot, too. Next half is due the 10th of this month.

Arm was sore, like the pharmacist said it might be, for a couple of days.

I had the pneumonia shot some years ago.

I don't think I've ever had the flu in my life. Cold and sniffles, yes, but sick in bed... can't remember ever being stricken.

Don't really want any of those illnesses.

Was on the fence about the shingle shot over concerns that maybe the shot would "set it off". Two acquaintances came down with it, so that was it for me... I got the shot ;)

I don't think I've ever had the flu in my life. Cold and sniffles, yes, but sick in bed... can't remember ever being stricken.

Was on the fence about the shingle shot over concerns that maybe the shot would "set it off". Two acquaintances came down with it, so that was it for me... I got the shot ;)

Seesm to have a weird side effect.

Double posting on PM?

Modern medicine. Go figure

:D

I had mine last Saturday Sami. 4 doctors doing the injections - bang, bang, bang, bang. You came in in your turn, in through the front door and out through the back door. You were told to come wearing a short sleeved shirt. I bet I was only in the surgery 20 to 30 seconds at the most.

Regards Tyrone.

They should be corralling you for fifteen minutes after so you aren't driving when an allergic reaction hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back