What's new
What's new

forum bug? cookie notice cannot be dismissed on iphone safari

bryan_machine

Diamond
subject lone says it all - went for quick check on iphone and get a black banner announcing cookie policy (looks like a gdpr notice) - ok- go to click on the x to dismiss it and it will not clear. and covers part of the real controls.

The crooked cell phone providers, Apple, and Samsung have recently been pushing major “updates” to the smart phones.

Well what do you know, a big percentage of these updated phones now no longer work.

I know several people that have had to get new phones just in the last couple of weeks!

How convenient...the crooks get to sell more phones and lock people down in those two-year contracts.

This crap needs to be investigated by the government, and if it is found these mega-companies are conspiring to sell more phones by killing existing ones with bad software, the SOB’s at the top of these companies need to go to prison!

The bastards suck hundreds of billions of dollars out of the world economy (with 95% of all cell phone users only using them for personal use and entertainment — not business), and yet it’s not enough...

subject lone says it all - went for quick check on iphone and get a black banner announcing cookie policy (looks like a gdpr notice) - ok- go to click on the x to dismiss it and it will not clear. and covers part of the real controls.

One of those ever' now and then "perfect storm" of incompatible security updates afoot, perhaps? Hudreds of disparate devel teams rushing to catch up, close holes, exploit holes, each with their own conflicting sets of priorities?

Case in point, if only because I am "usually immune" to all that shite:

Just recently ran this box through two successive updates of OpenBSD AMD64 Generic MP. Takes under five minutes, so why not?

Each with

time pkg_add -uU

Twice in succession. Makes sure I gets all the "libs" in the needful major & minor my apps need.

37 wall-clock minutes, first go, 7 minutes, second go, no foul, and everything JF works. As usual.

BUT . I am back to having to use FIVE different browsers, two of them WITHOUT my proxy (privoxy..) not just my three usuals. One picks the nearest match, tailors each one, uses it for specific sites, etc.

I have MORE than five, those are just the "regular" ones habitually open on the first 8 of 32 workspaces or "desktops" that are "live" most any hour or day.

All because one thing or a DIFFERENT thing is either/any/several of throwing a hissy-fit - the above complaint among them blocking searches on eBay, pop-up NOT amenable to a "dismiss" - CLOSING a potential security risk too tightly, as-in ignoring a per-site "exception" table entry, or wanting to OPEN another "hole" I've learnt long-since is potentially bad news. Font sizes have changed. Sound and video not acting as it had done, graphics gone blurred or even blank, link behaviour changes, yadda, yadda.

This happens. Not often, but it does. Nearly ALL of it is in "userland". As usual.
Need be, I go off Generic "release" and use daily developer "snapshots".

But I did say "browsers"?

Prediction?

Coupla more "updates", all of us, all OS'en and apps, month or two, it will get back to "normal".

Only 80% or so "fuck we" end-lusers.

Some days... I even miss my ASR-33.....-

:(

Same thing on my Android. New a couple of weeks ago and not had any updates applied but I get this big black banner about cookies that can't be dismissed.

Same thing on my Android. New a couple of weeks ago and not had any updates applied but I get this big black banner about cookies that can't be dismissed.

Seems that dismissal is dependent on a snippet of ECMA-script // javascript?

Or "NOW it is.." anyway.

Had that whole mare's nest optioned-off, nearly all browsers.

Chromium or Iridium prolly my closest match to one of the Android options.
Midori, built on similar goods as Safari, the other.

Also running Fear-Fux, SeaMonkey, Epiphany, scouting potential hazards with Surf, Dillo, or one of three or so "text mode" browsers.

Must be twenty or thirty browsers in F/LOSS world, about as many more in the WinSerf world?

Nasty cesspool out there, the 'net has become...

Back