What's new
What's new

fun acme thread job

I did indeed have a (one wire) size to hit.
(Is it really a ‘wire’ when it’s a .500” gauge pin?)

Anyway, we also do an actual fit test (I made the nut, as well.

If customer requires it, we can do a Faro arm/Romier arm quality control document.

Fun stuff. I’ll post a pic of the nut in a bit.

Last edited:
unrelated to threads above, but here's a pic of my co-worker who is currently loading this ring (~50,000 lbs) into the VTL.
It will become a large ring gear soon.
thumbnail_View recent photos.jpg

dam and i was thinking it was the beginning of a breech plug for a cannon tell i seen the other pic. with them threads at the end of that long shaft

You really don’t want to muck up jobs that big, what’s the slew ring off?
Mark

Ja, there are times when one is not allowed to say "Oops". This is one of them. No pressure at all, nosiree bub. Says the guy that used to weld pipelines in a chemical plant. I do hope you all are being fairly compensated for these "hi-pressure" jobs.

Normally when someone here talks about a large part, there's many of us that would consider their part to be small.
I don't believe this is the case with your parts. That's friggin huge!

That is amazing work, I would love to see the machine you made it on and the tool you cut the tread with.

We do 80% turning here most of our parts have threads, 9.00 round is considered a big part in this shop. I just showed this to the guys who are working today and they were all impressed.

I am sure you are a valued member of the team.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Back