What's new
What's new

Futaba Pulscale CMC, encoder wire broken

tgren

Plastic
We have an Alliant mill that has a Futaba Pulscale CMC cnc controller it a 2 axis controller. It has an error reading encoder wire broken. Took a part the X encoder since it X that is stuck at .010 on the DRO reading. Switched X with Y and the encoder is fine. We have no manual. Anyone have any thoughts on repair, or more trouble shooting techniques, better yet a manual?

Swapped the cables closest to the encoder. The motor on the end of Y hangs out and get a little beat up. Looks to be the obvious place for a broken wire. The rest of the connection are inside the drive box and the control box. Well protected. Their is no obvious pinches. The problem came up we haven't moved the machine. didn't seem as if any of the wires except out there on that end X motor have been messed with or jerked around. They are all tied with the drive wires. Close where they enter the boxes. Of course a vibration could break a wire anywhere. I was surprised when the Encoder worked after switching the wire. I'm going to switch them at the drives and the control box to further investigate where the broken wire is, or whether it is in the controller or drive? I wish I had a manual with instructions. Not exactly sure of my methods.

Any advice on a Manual for this FUTABA Pulscale CMC model PCM001? It is Old the film over the button used most are worn through. The screen dim. Other than that it's been working for the several years we've had it. I'm wondering if their is another controller, that I can plug the drives into. I don't know how to figure out what is compatible. They are AC servo drives. Not sure what type of signals the encoders are using. With out any documentation.

Hi Tgren. I am having the same exact problem with the same Futaba PCM001. Did you have any luck with the manual or finding an alternative controller?

Back