What's new

Game - Feed my MAD TAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcm81

Cast Iron
Let's start by properly defining terms:
TAD - Tool Acquisition Disorder
MAD - Makita Acquisition Disorder (Milwaukee Acquisition disorder for some folks)

So, I am looking to add do my collection an 18V angle polisher DPV300. Alternatively i can buy into a 12V Milwaukee line for their 12V die grinder and polisher (Milwaukee 2485-20 die grinder and the Milwaukee 2438-20)

The problem is that for "abrasive tools" i already have:
1. Makita 5 inch angle grinder - XAG04Z
2. Makita 5 inch sander - XOB01Z
3. Makikita 18V straight die grinder (fixed speed) XDG01Z
4. Makita LXT drill, which i can add a scotchbrite attachment to.
5. Makita 18v multi tool

What should i tell to myself to convince myself to spend $200 on DPV300 or about $300 to buy into Milwaukee 12v product line?

I am thinking that i "need" a tool that would go between dremel and my current angle grinder / die grinder, power wise, but seems like drill attachment fits there and should have higher torque than other options.

Deeply sorry you have contracted MAD19 Milwaukee variant, the infection rate is very high this time of the year, I have the Milwaukee strain and it might be mutating to the festool ( £720 domino vaccine is available but untested)
Just buy the damn thing, it’s easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission (ask any government)
Get one in a sustainer not cardboard!
Mark

Good/Bad news, just tried the roloc adapter on a drill and that is a definite no-go. After using it for 5 minutes on LXT drill i feel like i just spent 2 hours working out...

Seriously thinking of buying into Milwaukee 12v line. Should i go for it or stick with makita 18V. I like the Milwaukee polisher/die grinder 12v combo... but going to 12v from 18v just seems wrong.

Considering: M12 FUEL 1/4" Right Angle Die Grinder Kit
359.99 on amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back