What's new
What's new

Gamet boring/facing head series ID

JohnEvans

Titanium
Just picked up a ENCO branded Gamet head with 3 feed rates,3.5 diameter 3/4 tools. Is it a 1200 or 1300??
TIA ,John
And the next question which do I keep, it or the Chandler-Duplex of the same size. Decisions decisions !

I don't think I saved any of my old Enco catalogs, so I can't say what model you have.

I do recall, circa 1975, buying a new Chandler Duplex 1/2" B&F head. I was surprised to see it was made in Muncie, IN, just about 80 miles from me. I was also surprised to see how ugly the workmanship was and I returned it to the dealer. I bought a new Enco made in France (Gamet) 1/2" B&F head and was and am very pleased with it. A very few years after I bought mine, they started selling an updated model with travel stops, which mine does not have.

Much later, after the rise of eBay, I bought an Enco 3/4" B&F head and found, though it looked like a Gamet, it said made in India. Didn't look bad, though.

As to what to keep, I suppose they are both pretty old, so best to try them out and/or take them apart to assure they are OK before getting rid of one.

Larry

Well larry my Gamet does have travel stops,and looks lightly used. The C/D works fine as I have used it. Thanks for your info.

Just picked up a ENCO branded Gamet head with 3 feed rates,3.5 diameter 3/4 tools. Is it a 1200 or 1300??
TIA ,John
And the next question which do I keep, it or the Chandler-Duplex of the same size. Decisions decisions !

As my late Mum used to say in similar situations, ''do I need the cash? have I the space? and does it eat anything?'' …………………a wise old bird my Mum ;)

Back