What's new
What's new

Golden Sun rotary table questions

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
Our company has a Golden Sun rotary table that we have never used. I'm told that it is not a 4th axis but just and indexer. I got online and looked it up. Ours is a "CNC-201R" model. It claims it is a true 4th axis. I mentioned that maybe it was our software or a parameter in the mill that limited it. I got a terse response "Well try it if you want" I want to do that but not until I'm more confident in the outcome. I will be stepping on some VERY big toes even testing it(company president). Get a positive outcome, I'm a hero, can't get it to work, I'm a smartass that thinks he knows more than management. Anyone out there have any firm knowledge on this of equipment?

"Whatever interfaces as a true 4th for both continuing and positioning machining or a M-code indexer for positioning machining."

So the question is what do you have in the machine for an interface? Is it a true fourth axis driver, or just an index driver? And how is it connected? Is there a cable for it, or a switch box, or ?

Centroid has a 4th axis set-up table for your unit, certainly seems like it should work as a 4th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

"Not a 4th axis but just and indexer" Only difference is 360 stopping points on the indexer, or an infinite amount on a 4th. Both have uses on a mill. What machine and control do you have?

"Not a 4th axis but just and indexer" Only difference is 360 stopping points on the indexer, or an infinite amount on a 4th. Both have uses on a mill. What machine and control do you have?

we have a leadwell with a Fanuc controller. I'll get the series # next time I'm on the floor.

The big difference is using a feed rate, not just infinite amount of stopping points

"using a feed rate" would be a function of feeding with the rotary. An indexer can not do that.
Hence why I want to see if it's a true 4th axis. Reread my post. I want a rotary, just a big risk to prove it. I wanted to get confirmation of my thoughts. Wise people seek wise council before they act.

It should be easy enough to figure out with an look at the parameters. Once you know what model the control you have, I can shine a light on it. Was the rotary bought with the mill? 4th axis ready machine will have cable connections and axis drive hardware.

It should be easy enough to figure out with an look at the parameters. Once you know what model the control you have, I can shine a light on it. Was the rotary bought with the mill? 4th axis ready machine will have cable connections and axis drive hardware.

It a Fanuc Oi-MC on a leadwell mill

Is it currently indexed using just a M code? could you post the lines of code you use to move the indexer? Is there a separate control box you program the the increment the indexer moves?

Back