What's new
What's new

Good shop safety glasses that do not distort and fog up

Spud

Diamond
The safety glasses sold at college all distort . Is it diffraction ? There was a safety glass my instructor gave me about 2 years ago that seemed to not have any distortion but I have no idea where it is..

I have Stanley and 3M safety goggles but they fog up, especially right now because I am always wearing a mask. Really annoying , as I have to keep removing the goggles several times a minute to wipe the moisture, only for the dam thign to fog up again within a few seconds.

What is a great brand and model of safety glasses or goggles that does not fog up and does not distort, and has side and bottom shielding?

I like to use. a loggers helmet which is a hard hat with a face screen. Ear muffs are optional. Great for yard equipment in the sun.

I wear prescription safety glasses with polycarbonate lens and yes, they fog when wearing a mask. I recently ordered a new pair with a coating that was described as anti-fogging. Maybe in a couple weeks I will be able to say if they work in that regard.

I get my glasses from an online company and am very pleased with their product and service. They have sales around every holiday, like 25% off now until Sunday. If you ask them for something that meets your needs, they can probably help.
Prescription Safety Glasses and Eyewear | RX Safety

Larry

I had a bunch that came in a blue box (yeah, I know, that's a big help), they didn't distort but the best thing about them was they used a simple rubbery string across the back instead of ear hooks. They didn't annoy your ears and they didn't fall off. They worked great.

I take it that the OP does not wear corrective glasses. I do and all the full and part timers we employ do also. (We're old farts...) None of us like to wear glasses and something over them like goggles. For general shop wear we get safety glass rated frames and lenses at a local shop that serves industrial customers like us. We have the wrap around side shields crimped in place on the ear pieces so they can't fall off. They can also make up the same thing with uncorrected lenses. Much better selection of frames in larger sizes than most chain optical stores. Not really cheap but for something you're wearing all the time fit and comfort are important. Would be glad to provide contact info to the shop if anybody wants it. I have no financial interest in it, just a satisfied customer.

My prescription glasses fogged up every minute or two while waiting inline to get into Home depot. The weather was cold and misting and the mask made it worse. Several days later I saw a tip in the newspaper that actually worked. Put a drop of liquid dish washing detergent on the glasses. Apply one dab and remove excess with a tissue. I did this too each side of both lenses. No more fog problems.
mike

......they used a simple rubbery string across the back instead of ear hooks......

You mean like 6th grade chemistry class gear? :rolleyes5:

---------------------------------------------------------------

I like 3M glasses myself. I don't remember which models I've used but they work great for me.

re: fogging

set your glasses on the mask, not on your nose. The extra half inch forward makes a big difference

the 'dust masks' are the worst. try the accordion ear loop type

Update.

I got these, Honeywell Uvex scratch resistant anti fog safety googles with Hydroshield. Got them from Zoro, came here in 3 days.

Honeywell Uvex S3960HS $17.85 Honeywell Clear Stealth Goggle with Hydroshield, Scratch-Resistant | Zoro.com

Uvex.png

Soo far , I like them. Hasn't fogged up at all. Comfortable, does not irritate or hurt the skin. The Stanley, 3M (can't recall model) and school provided safety glasses all fogged up in the school's machine shop, especially because of the surgical mask.

I researched a lot of goggles and many of them , like the Bolle and 3M do not say if they are made in the US, so odds are they aren't.
The Honeywell is made in the US, which was an important factor in my decision to go with them

Back