What's new
What's new

Good source for missing pin gages?

Bluechipx

Hot Rolled
We all have those pesky vacant holes in our pin gage sets, I did a brief check for individuals and found the price a bit steep. They are pretty cheap per pin when buying a set so there must be a good source for individual pins. Anybody?

What you pay depends on what grade/accuracy you need. I’ve bought Individual pins from China and they’ve been accurate enough for workshop use - within stated diameter tolerance anyway. If geometric tolerance is a concern for inspection grade and you need a calibration certificate it’ll cost ya!

Mal

Amazing how those pin gauge sets become depleted when too many people have access to them. I have had a .060-.750 set going on 25 years that gets daily use and not a single one is missing or has been replaced. Of course I am the only one that has touched it. I have seen the exact same set left out for the unwashed masses to use not even make it a couple days before pins started getting lost.

It is fairly easy to order them from MSC. I have done it and did not think they were too expensive. Also you can find a distributor and order Deltronics class X gauges for less than $10.00 each, known size masters with papers were not outrageous.

Back