What's new
What's new

Got Gamet?

Gos

Aluminum
Greetings,
Are the Gamet boring head still made? If so, who sells them. I'm wanting to get another one, but I'm not having any good luck.
Thanks in advance,
Gos

Many Enco branded boring heads were made by Gamet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gamet was, and perhaps still is owned by the 600 group, who also own Colchester amongst other companies. Contact them for sales info.

Gamet was, and perhaps still is owned by the 600 group, who also own Colchester amongst other companies. Contact them for sales info.

Found a thread on another forum:- GMT automatic boring head | Model Engineer which has some information.

Summarising it appears that the Gamet heads were made by a French company GMT for Gamet UK who are still, I think, owned by 600 Group. Sold by Enco in the USA.

Brochure on E-Bay UK right now! Usually see 3 or 4 a year used on E-Bay but the GMT itself seems to have disappeared.

Clive

Thanks.
What's embarrassing is back in my apprenticeship (Late 70's) making an accurate print and a copy of this facing head was one of the final tests in the forth year at our shop. It would take me a month to make it now!

I bought an Enco made in France boring and facing head around 1975. It is very finely made and worked well the few times I actually used it. Some years ago, I bought a different size Enco head on eBay that certainly looked exactly like my old one. But it is marked Enco made in India. Just be aware that the devil is in the fine print on the little round aluminum label.

Larry

Ebay has them usually. But as stated earlier, if it is from ENCO, make sure it is made in France. The India made ones look OK on the outside but the internals can be horrible.

Back