What's new
What's new

Grainger still sucks

tnmgcarbide

Diamond
I thought they somehow swallowed their bullshit.
but apparently they are still choking on the leftovers. i bought some fasteners for 10x what i'd
normally pay .i needed it the next day . ok.

the prick at the counter said "we only do business to business sales here , and if you don't have an account with us ......" i wasn't aware my machine
business did not count.

they are STBG "soon to be gone " there are lots of sources , other than
business-business only. what a fucking turd moniker
in the name . how about anus to anus .

The thing I can't figure is Zoro is pretty good, prices are excellent. Grainger is their parent company and the selection seems pretty close.

Though the Zoro website was "redesigned" 7 months ago and they made it awful. It makes me avoid them.

McMaster Carr product line is 85% the same. FAST shipping, great service, quality products, excellent web site. they get my business. Only go to grainger if they do not have it.

Years ago I was looking for some tool or other, I forget what. By chance I wandered into a Grainger store in Sacramento, I found what I needed on a rack and proceeded to pay for it at the counter. There was an angry old woman at the counter who proceeded to dress me down at the top of her lungs. She asked me how I dared to enter her store when I was not a member. She followed me all the way to the door and was still shrieking at me when I got back into my car.

30 years later, Grainger still sucks pond water. They have 15 different prices all the way from their catalog prices which are ridiculous, down to the large companies that get the best prices. Grainger is FOS.

I do have a Granger account but the only time I use them is if I need to match up some kind of oddball motor where I actually need to eyeball the thing. They do have a good selection of motors that you can select from in the store. I agree that their prices are pretty hefty.

McMaster Carr product line is 85% the same. FAST shipping, great service, quality products, excellent web site. they get my business. Only go to grainger if they do not have it.

I like McMaster Carr, but their website is like trying to look through an old phone book. Heaven help you when you reach the Smiths.

I like McMaster Carr, but their website is like trying to look through an old phone book. Heaven help you when you reach the Smiths.

Maybe you don't like the look, but it is the finest most searchable website bar none.

Amazon is a disaster in comparison. Sure you can buy a particular fastener of a particular material and a particular length on Amazon, but find it, that is the adventure.

Same with Grainger, mentioned the website to an acquaintance who works for Grainger and he threw his hands up and muttered under his breath....

As much as I dislike them, MSC sets the bar for searching for product. You can filter just about every option under the sun to find just what you are looking for.

Huh?? :skep:

Lets say I am looking for a bearing, but not exactly sure what kind. I type in "bearing" on the search bar BOOM several sub categories pop up with pics. OK I think I need a roller bearing (because I can see the pic) so I click on that BOOM another set of sub categories pop up, along with some other elements on the left hand side. I click on "inch" and "flange" on the left side and now I get less options, being further defined from my original search of "bearing". Sounds (and works) pretty damn good to me!! :)

Huh?? :skep:

Lets say I am looking for a bearing, but not exactly sure what kind. I type in "bearing" on the search bar BOOM several sub categories pop up with pics. OK I think I need a roller bearing (because I can see the pic) so I click on that BOOM another set of sub categories pop up, along with some other elements on the left hand side. I click on "inch" and "flange" on the left side and now I get less options, being further defined from my original search of "bearing". Sounds (and works) pretty damn good to me!! :)

That would be great if they didn't actively prevent you from opening a link in a new tab. "I think I need one of these, or one of these, or one of these..." and I need to copy paste the URL into a new tab and click on the link for each one instead of right-click+<T>.

Still pretty decent though. And I can't remember the last time I ordered from Grainger.

Grainger and MSC websites are horrible unless you know exactly what you need, love McMaster's site, simple, no fluff
It'd be nice if Mitee Bite stopped selling thru Grainger/Zoro, my last 2 orders were for those products otherwise I avoid Grainger like the plague

That would be great if they didn't actively prevent you from opening a link in a new tab. "I think I need one of these, or one of these, or one of these..." and I need to copy paste the URL into a new tab and click on the link for each one instead of right-click+<T>.

Still pretty decent though. And I can't remember the last time I ordered from Grainger.

What browser are you using? I am using google and I can right click and open in new tab.

This is my only gripe with McMaster.

As much as I dislike them, MSC sets the bar for searching for product. You can filter just about every option under the sun to find just what you are looking for.

McMaster's website is the gold standard and MSC's sucks donkey balls, your credibility just went to zero.

I thought they somehow swallowed their bullshit.
but apparently they are still choking on the leftovers. i bought some fasteners for 10x what i'd
normally pay .i needed it the next day . ok.

the prick at the counter said "we only do business to business sales here , and if you don't have an account with us ......" i wasn't aware my machine
business did not count.

they are STBG "soon to be gone " there are lots of sources , other than
business-business only. what a fucking turd moniker
in the name . how about anus to anus .

That business to business baloney must vary by branch these days. When desperate I have bought items from the Richmond VA branch under my personal name, did that recently when I bought a capacitor I could not find at McMaster. The salesman I bought from said they sell to anyone now.

The thing I can't figure is Zoro is pretty good, prices are excellent. Grainger is their parent company and the selection seems pretty close.

Though the Zoro website was "redesigned" 7 months ago and they made it awful. It makes me avoid them.

Zoro thru EBAY has been very impressive. In fact it's down right puzzling how they have been able to ship stuff to my door at 10am the next day when I order the stuff at 4:45 the day before. Very good prices as well. I was a bit shocked when I found out they are actually Grainger. There was a Grainger store about 45 miles away that closed down several years ago. Same scenario, counter people with attitude, crazy prices, etc. Glad to see them gone.

McMaster's website is the gold standard and MSC's sucks donkey balls, your credibility just went to zero.

Hoo boy! I just kicked your dog didn't I? Never seen someone get that butt hurt over preferring to be able to select a specific brand and type of drill rather than what McMaster says I should get.

Back