Grainger still sucks
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Grainger still sucks

I thought they somehow swallowed their bullshit.
    but apparently they are still choking on the leftovers. i bought some fasteners for 10x what i'd
    normally pay .i needed it the next day . ok.

the prick at the counter said "we only do business to business sales here , and if you don't have an account with us ......" i wasn't aware my machine
    business did not count.

they are STBG "soon to be gone " there are lots of sources , other than
    business-business only. what a fucking turd moniker
    in the name . how about anus to anus .

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

wat.jpg

3. Likes PegroProX440, JDennis liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The thing I can't figure is Zoro is pretty good, prices are excellent. Grainger is their parent company and the selection seems pretty close.

Though the Zoro website was "redesigned" 7 months ago and they made it awful. It makes me avoid them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

McMaster Carr product line is 85% the same. FAST shipping, great service, quality products, excellent web site. they get my business. Only go to grainger if they do not have it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Years ago I was looking for some tool or other, I forget what. By chance I wandered into a Grainger store in Sacramento, I found what I needed on a rack and proceeded to pay for it at the counter. There was an angry old woman at the counter who proceeded to dress me down at the top of her lungs. She asked me how I dared to enter her store when I was not a member. She followed me all the way to the door and was still shrieking at me when I got back into my car.

30 years later, Grainger still sucks pond water. They have 15 different prices all the way from their catalog prices which are ridiculous, down to the large companies that get the best prices. Grainger is FOS.

7. Likes ranchak, Bobw liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I do have a Granger account but the only time I use them is if I need to match up some kind of oddball motor where I actually need to eyeball the thing. They do have a good selection of motors that you can select from in the store. I agree that their prices are pretty hefty.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Karl_T View Post
    McMaster Carr product line is 85% the same. FAST shipping, great service, quality products, excellent web site. they get my business. Only go to grainger if they do not have it.
    I like McMaster Carr, but their website is like trying to look through an old phone book. Heaven help you when you reach the Smiths.

10. Likes PegroProX440 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    I like McMaster Carr, but their website is like trying to look through an old phone book. Heaven help you when you reach the Smiths.
    Maybe you don't like the look, but it is the finest most searchable website bar none.

Amazon is a disaster in comparison. Sure you can buy a particular fastener of a particular material and a particular length on Amazon, but find it, that is the adventure.

Same with Grainger, mentioned the website to an acquaintance who works for Grainger and he threw his hands up and muttered under his breath....

12. Likes IWUP, morsetaper2, Jmaks, rcoope, ranchak and 9 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As much as I dislike them, MSC sets the bar for searching for product. You can filter just about every option under the sun to find just what you are looking for.

14. Likes Rudd liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Huh??

Lets say I am looking for a bearing, but not exactly sure what kind. I type in "bearing" on the search bar BOOM several sub categories pop up with pics. OK I think I need a roller bearing (because I can see the pic) so I click on that BOOM another set of sub categories pop up, along with some other elements on the left hand side. I click on "inch" and "flange" on the left side and now I get less options, being further defined from my original search of "bearing". Sounds (and works) pretty damn good to me!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As much as I dislike them, MSC sets the bar for searching for product. You can filter just about every option under the sun to find just what you are looking for.
    Oh hell no, don't be distracted by the pretty pictures, MSC is as bad as the others.

17. Likes Bobw, Booze Daily liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Huh??

Lets say I am looking for a bearing, but not exactly sure what kind. I type in "bearing" on the search bar BOOM several sub categories pop up with pics. OK I think I need a roller bearing (because I can see the pic) so I click on that BOOM another set of sub categories pop up, along with some other elements on the left hand side. I click on "inch" and "flange" on the left side and now I get less options, being further defined from my original search of "bearing". Sounds (and works) pretty damn good to me!!
    That would be great if they didn't actively prevent you from opening a link in a new tab. "I think I need one of these, or one of these, or one of these..." and I need to copy paste the URL into a new tab and click on the link for each one instead of right-click+<T>.

Still pretty decent though. And I can't remember the last time I ordered from Grainger.

19. Likes Mtndew liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Grainger and MSC websites are horrible unless you know exactly what you need, love McMaster's site, simple, no fluff
    It'd be nice if Mitee Bite stopped selling thru Grainger/Zoro, my last 2 orders were for those products otherwise I avoid Grainger like the plague

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mhajicek View Post
    That would be great if they didn't actively prevent you from opening a link in a new tab. "I think I need one of these, or one of these, or one of these..." and I need to copy paste the URL into a new tab and click on the link for each one instead of right-click+<T>.

Still pretty decent though. And I can't remember the last time I ordered from Grainger.
    What browser are you using? I am using google and I can right click and open in new tab.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mhajicek View Post

This is my only gripe with McMaster.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

McMaster's website is the gold standard and MSC's sucks donkey balls, your credibility just went to zero.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tnmgcarbide View Post
    I thought they somehow swallowed their bullshit.
    but apparently they are still choking on the leftovers. i bought some fasteners for 10x what i'd
    normally pay .i needed it the next day . ok.

the prick at the counter said "we only do business to business sales here , and if you don't have an account with us ......" i wasn't aware my machine
    business did not count.

they are STBG "soon to be gone " there are lots of sources , other than
    business-business only. what a fucking turd moniker
    in the name . how about anus to anus .
    That business to business baloney must vary by branch these days. When desperate I have bought items from the Richmond VA branch under my personal name, did that recently when I bought a capacitor I could not find at McMaster. The salesman I bought from said they sell to anyone now.

25. Likes JohnMartin liked this post
    Upstate NY -In the Flats next to the corn fields
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Glug View Post
    The thing I can't figure is Zoro is pretty good, prices are excellent. Grainger is their parent company and the selection seems pretty close.

Though the Zoro website was "redesigned" 7 months ago and they made it awful. It makes me avoid them.
    Zoro thru EBAY has been very impressive. In fact it's down right puzzling how they have been able to ship stuff to my door at 10am the next day when I order the stuff at 4:45 the day before. Very good prices as well. I was a bit shocked when I found out they are actually Grainger. There was a Grainger store about 45 miles away that closed down several years ago. Same scenario, counter people with attitude, crazy prices, etc. Glad to see them gone.

27. Likes Bobw, Dualkit, cranium, Curt Brown, Philabuster liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    McMaster's website is the gold standard and MSC's sucks donkey balls, your credibility just went to zero.
    Hoo boy! I just kicked your dog didn't I? Never seen someone get that butt hurt over preferring to be able to select a specific brand and type of drill rather than what McMaster says I should get.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    What browser are you using? I am using google and I can right click and open in new tab.
    Huh, it seems to be working now. Maybe they fixed that recently? Using Chrome.