What's new
What's new

Grease dispensing; caulking type gun for 14 OZ cartrdges.

Rustydog

Cast Iron
I know this might be a little out of scope here;

I am assembling some devices that require me to dispense a lot of grease into gears, bearings, reservoirs, etc... Pretty low tech sort of stuff.

Anyone every seen a caulking type gun for the standard 14 oz. grease cartridges?

Ill make one if I can't find readily available unit. Not a lot of time to fool around with side projects...

Thanks

You can buy empty caulking gun cartidges from McMaster-carr.

Did you inquire with the grease manuf ?

They seem to be able to quickly put up their product
in anything we requested, for a special job.

We wanted a certain amount in a 2lb tub, or a 1 gallon can,
or whatever we asked for.

If you are using the same type of grease for everything, look into one of the 5 gallon pail pumps that Lincoln Lube makes.

If you are using several kinds of grease or don't want to spend that kind of money, I've never seen a grease gun without the metal "barrel" covering the cartridge. Keep track of your work on that, I might be worth some money.
JR

Yep i will secound the pail pumps for serious grease use. A lot faster than messing with cartridges!

Take a regular grease gun and remove the plunger end, weld the plunger end from a good caulk gun to the grease gun end, convert grease piston to caulk shaft. Then remove or disable pump piston so grease goes straight through.
If the grease is not warm it won't want to move.
I bought a Lincoln air that takes a 5 gal bucket on ebay for $200. but I need the high pressure for fittings.

Back