What's new
What's new

Great "tool" for cleaning out sumps

Glug

Hot Rolled
Last summer I was looking for turkey basters to clean some coolant and oil sumps. My local dollar store, Dollar Tree was out of stock for the season. They had something better - giant syringes, for kids to squirt water at old people.

They're about 2' long and around 1" dia. They only cost a buck. I found some variation in performance and implementation, so testing the draw before purchase is recommended. Getting a hose attatched to the tip can be tricky, if you need that. They're amazing for sump suckin'.

They're called H2O Blasters. They're probably only in stock while it is warm in your area.

Bulk H2O Blasters Plastic Water Squirters, 26 in. at DollarTree.com

Attachments

• blaster.jpg
    blaster.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 713
Last summer I was looking for turkey basters to clean some coolant and oil sumps. My local dollar store, Dollar Tree was out of stock for the season. They had something better - giant syringes, for kids to squirt water at old people.

They're about 2' long and around 1" dia. They only cost a buck. I found some variation in performance and implementation, so testing the draw before purchase is recommended. Getting a hose attatched to the tip can be tricky, if you need that. They're amazing for sump suckin'.

They're called H2O Blasters. They're probably only in stock while it is warm in your area.

Bulk H2O Blasters Plastic Water Squirters, 26 in. at DollarTree.com

bigger sumps we use a pressure washer to liquefy loosen and then a wet/dry vaccum

Oh no - not a "Oh yeah? My sump is bigger!" contest!

Ok, I should have said tiny sumps.

In my case it was a couple of lathes and I wanted to clean nasty coolant and various oil reservoirs. Those of you with bigger messes are on your own.

IndSer_GVacTk_360x257_4024.jpg

Back