What's new
What's new

Grob Band Saw Parts

dfpn

Plastic
Does anyone know where I may be able to find used Grob band saw parts? Specifically for a 1972 4v-18. I realize that I can still buy parts from the manufacturer, however they are insanely expensive and I know these machines are out there.

There are aftermarket roller guides and rubber tires for these, but I can't recall ever seeing one being parted out. They just keep working. Grob may be your only choice for model specific stuff.

Last edited:
Is it broken? Bent? Missing?

If it's simply looking bad and needs some doctoring, you can sit in a low chair with a file and re-shape the profile that way, letting the motor spin it for you at any speed you're comfortable with.

I've run both my upper and lower wheels for years without the rubber cover. Could never get the damn things to stay on for any long length of time.

Just thought to share that in case the machine is so close but not quite usable.

I'm sure if you had a lathe with enough clearance you could make your own, but that's a lot of time and effort to save what amount?

For tires look to Carter. I put urethane tires on my NS24. They had to be heated to make them pliable. It took someone much stronger than me to stretch them over the wheel. After several years of use they were still tight and looked almost new.

Back