What's new
What's new

Grooving Tool

pak

Cast Iron
I am looking for a right hand straight grooving tool holder with a one half inch shank and .039 inch inserts (or equivalent metric). I have tried my local distributors for Kaiser’s Thinbits with no success. Can anyone suggest another on-line Kaiser distributor or another brand having the same type/size insert? Thank you.

Regards,

Drew

If the tolorance is big enough just use a 1mm tool, which is 3.7 tenths bigger. Which depending on the rounding may be the proper tool if the drawing/part was touched by the metric system.

Dimitri

What materials are you cutting, how deep is the groove, what is the allowable corner radius, and what is the tolerance? Need that to recommend a tool.

What materials are you cutting, how deep is the groove, what is the allowable corner radius, and what is the tolerance? Need that to recommend a tool.

The material is 6061 aluminum. The shaft diameter is 0.500 inch. The groove diameter is 0.468. The width is 0.039. The margin is 0.048. There is no radius specified.

The retaining ring diameter is 0.461. The thickness is 0.035. Page 1701 in the handbook. Thank you.

Regards,

Drew

Back