What's new
What's new

Gurutzpe A4000

ElectricMan35

Plastic
Good day to all machinists
Not sure if it's the right spot, but here it goes.
My company has an old lathe, an Gurutzpe A4000, probably from the 70's, it's an nice heavy duty lathe, but it's now stoped and since i'm the maintenance guy, my boss asked me to repair it top to bottom(he does not want to spend money on an specialized company), the lathe has a problem on the primary shaft of the gearbox.
i don't have any manuals and after sending an e-mail to the manufacturer, they don's answer me.
so my question is, do any of you guys have an spare parts manual for this lathe?? or something to guide me tru this??
thank you all for the repply's, and i'm sorry for my english( i'm from portugal:D:D)

Hi,

I don't find emails too successful for finding out about old machines, have you tried calling them ? Your English is fine.

If you can post pictures of any parts you need advice in taking it apart etc. and your questions the guys on this forum will try to help you.

Hi,

I don't find emails too successful for finding out about old machines, have you tried calling them ? Your English is fine.

If you can post pictures of any parts you need advice in taking it apart etc. and your questions the guys on this forum will try to help you.

Ok, so this is the lathe(i'm using lightshot, so click on the link for the photos, please)
Screenshot by Lightshot
Screenshot by Lightshot

and the problem is, this(arrowed in the photo), this part shoul not be able to rotate with the shaft, but it's stuck and rotates, it's has damaged the copper pipe that feeds the oil, my question is, i need to remove this shaft to gain access to the cluth and to repair this, does anyone has an exploded diagram of this gearbox?
Screenshot by Lightshot

This post seems more about maintenance right now so I am going to move this to the general section. There is a greater chance of you getting an answer there. There are many more people who post in General and if we are lucky you will find someone who has one of these machines. Good luck to you on your repair.

Charles

Back