What's new
What's new

Semi-OT: Louis Schopper paper mic

mfisher

Hot Rolled
This has been sitting in my tool box for some time, but never dug into it's history. Nice little micrometer, opens to about 0.45 inch.

Not looking to do anything with it, just wondering about its potential rarity. Haven't found another one like it, but then again haven't been looking too hard.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the bad photo, if there is any interest, I will try to get a better one.

LOUIS SCHOPPER
LEIPZIG
GERMANY

on the front of the frame

SOLE AGENTS
FOREIGN PAPER MILLS, INC, NEW YORK

on the back.

Leather case has

Sole Agents for U.S.A.
& Canada
FOREIGN PAPER MILLS, INC
NEW YORK
Made in Germany

Attachments

• schopper mic.JPG
    schopper mic.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 882
"Paging rivett608 or AntiqueMac"

This looks like an item for rivett608 or AntiqueMac to answer. They are the gurus of all things pertaining to antique precision measuring tools.

Gentlemen???

A bump, in hopes to get the attention of one of the formentioned antique measuring tool gurus.

I'm not sure antique is quite right, guessing from the leather case, I would say the 1930's?

A bump, in hopes to get the attention of one of the formentioned antique measuring tool gurus.

I'm not sure antique is quite right, guessing from the leather case, I would say the 1930's?

FWIW, I have a Louis Schopper paper mic with a deep (approx. 6") throat and a throat form that looks Art Deco. Looks to be German Silver finish? Detailing on the thimble is similar.

Back