What's new
What's new

Hardinge HF-6 Bar Feed

Flute Maker

Cast Iron
Good morning,

We have this Hardinge bare feed. Some parts are still available for it from Hardinge. I'm looking for a little more info about its mechanics than Hardinge can give me. It was obsoleted in 2005. Does anyone have a working unit? Is there a similar device out there? It's used on a hand screw machine.

Thank you,

Payson.

Good morning,

We have this Hardinge bare feed. Some parts are still available for it from Hardinge. I'm looking for a little more info about its mechanics than Hardinge can give me. It was obsoleted in 2005. Does anyone have a working unit? Is there a similar device out there? It's used on a hand screw machine.

Thank you,

Payson.

Pix would help allot here.

Thanks for the quick reply. Your bar feed is a bit more sophisticated than ours. Linda at Hardinge is sending me some new cups and o-rings. I took it apart and swabbed it all out yesterday. My only questions now are:
1. have you bothered to change the bearings in the front of the pusher,
2. is there an o-ring anywhere in that front section?

Best regards,

Payson.

Attachments

• Unit.jpg
    Unit.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Plunger.jpg
    Plunger.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 41
I've never done anything to it. In fact, since I got a CNC lathe with barloader I don't even use it anymore.

I'd have to look for the O-ring. It's in storage . Give me a little bit so I call pull it down.

No O-ring on the pusher. There is an O-ring in the end of the main body. I assume to hold the reducing bushing in.
11 005.jpg

Back