What's new
What's new

Has anyone seen behavior like this on one of their machines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK29

Plastic
I have a Sieg X2D Mini Mill and have been having some strange issues. I was milling along, minding my own business when bam; the GFCI socket in my garage tripped and the Sieg Mill blew it's 5am (5mmx20mm) fuse. :eek:

I ran to the hardware and picked up two more fuses. Now whenever I turn on the machine the fuse will blow and the GFCI socket in my garage will trip.

Here is a video showing the issue:

YouTube

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
JK

Is it plugged straight in to the outlet or are you using an extension cord? If using a cord, get a lower gauge (bigger) cord or move the machine close enough to plug it in.

In before the close.

-Ron

If the fuse blows every time, it isn't an extension cord. Does the motor turn freely? If so, I'd say you have a defect in the wiring (chaffed, melted insulation, etc.) or a shorted motor. There are other things too, but we'd need more info.

I have a Sieg X2D Mini Mill and have been having some strange issues. I was milling along, minding my own business when bam; the GFCI socket in my garage tripped and the Sieg Mill blew it's 5am (5mmx20mm) fuse. :eek:

I ran to the hardware and picked up two more fuses. Now whenever I turn on the machine the fuse will blow and the GFCI socket in my garage will trip.

Here is a video showing the issue:

YouTube

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
JK

no, as nobody here will have that machine, you had better ask around on the homeshop machinist forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back