What's new
What's new

Have any cool metalworking photos?

Mud

Diamond
I don't mean cool subject matter, I mean a cool photo of metalworking subject matter, that because of lighting, framing, color, the moment the shutter opened, etc. the photo makes you take another look and say ahhh...

There's lots of photogs here, there's gotta be a lot of photos out there that fit this description. If you do, post them here.

Here's one that caught my eye, note the little guy ready with the hammer.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 001-640.jpg
    001-640.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 24,254
very cool pic.

I don't know if this qualifies...mostly sheet metal work...but it's an SLR Nikon photo of a custom cupola I did years ago. The old scans are kind of weak...We must have taken hundreds of photos as evening approached, and this one just happened...There is back lighting on the roof, and lighting inside too...a little machine work went into the custom weathervane

lighted-cupola.jpg

here's a shot to show scale and daylight appearance...

John-w-cupola-standing.jpg

cupola-best-shot.jpg

There were times I wish I had taken a pic. One time in the summer I was working late and the sunset was shining through the slotted bolt holes on the large lathe I was running. It was a 36" chuck at 20? rpm. The reflection bounced off of the home made brass tool post handle. It made me think of a strobe light in slow motion. I guess you had to be there.

Here is a funny one I saw the other day on ebay. The guy apparently has a street sign in the back of his shop, and the flash of the camera make it appear that the mill is close to a Railroad crossing.

railroad mill.jpg

Maybe its just me that finds this amusing,

I know you weren't looking for funny or comedy pics.
JAckal

Here's a couple of photos, the first I call "smoke on the water" it's the result of me doing some heavy cutting with oil on the Hardinge.
attachment.php

The second pic is a view of our shop, from the machine shop.
attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0230s.JPG
    DSC_0230s.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 22,009
  • DSC_0236s.JPG
    DSC_0236s.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 22,054
Heres a custom titanium wedding ring I just made for a guy in Australia. Engraved area anodized blue. 1/32" endmill, 20,000 RPM.

IMGP1102.jpg

IMGP1144.jpg

This is a screw I made for a ball turner. I liked it so much I made it into an avatar. The background is a lesson book for ukulele, another hobby of mine.

ball_cutter_screw_detail.jpg

Yep; Honda CR80 case.

Here are 2 more (flash, no flash) -- cutting aluminum sprockets on a G&E hobbing machine.

hob1.jpg

hob2.jpg

Back