What's new
What's new

Have anyone here looked into renting a dumpster?

Intentookey79

Banned
Hi friends,
We have large tree limbs right over our house so yesterday we trimmed the tree branches. Getting rid of yard waste is a daunting task as it is difficult to find places that accept yard waste. I need a 10-yard dumpster bin to dump the branches so I've decided to hire a professional service that offers dumpster rental in Brampton.
Have anyone here looked into renting a dumpster? How was your experience?

I've rented dumpsters many times when I was a building contractor. Always a better option than hauling away in a truck. I usually rented the largest dumpster that was practical for the job site.

Hi friends,
We have large tree limbs right over our house so yesterday we trimmed the tree branches. Getting rid of yard waste is a daunting task as it is difficult to find places that accept yard waste. I need a 10-yard dumpster bin to dump the branches so I've decided to hire a professional service that offers [URL="http://www.canuckspammerseatpoooteen.ca/service-areas/[/URL].
Have anyone here looked into renting a dumpster? How was your experience?

I sure won't be renting a dumpster from your employer...

spammer.

Biggest problem with renting a dumpster is those who stop by at night to "help" you fill it. Lights help but if it might be an issue a sign that says video surveillance in use is also a good idea.

Who allows yard waste and trees to go into the land fill?

Need to use a tree service to chip it and compost.

That is kind of what I was thinking. I did a quick google and found 3 local places (to me) that take yard waste, and even mention about checking city ordinances or whatnot and see if they do curbside pickup in your area. I know when Irma came through the city made the rounds for picking up brush and tree limbs. I paid someone to cut it up, and do some more trimming, but the pickup was free.

I imagine up north where more people have wood burning stoves/heat someone would probably pick it up for free.

Canada.. Its cold up there, I'm sure somebody would take it for fire wood.

Chop her into 18" long pieces and stick it out by the road. Somebody will
take it eventually. If nobody takes it, put a price tag on it, if it
has a value tagged to it, somebody will steal it real quick.

Then all you have to do is get rid of the little stuff.

Haha! I like your thinking (unfortunately it is very true :()....

I think they kinda frown on lighting the dumpster on fire, but since it's filled with SPAM, and in Canuckistan, who knows ?

My friend who operates a small CNC machining shop, rents a dumpster that is next to his shop. It's behind an electric gate and only those with a code can enter the grounds so there is no unauthorized dumping. IIRC, he pays something like $30 per month. It has come in handy for him as he is always getting UPS and Fed Ex shipments with cardboard boxes.

I use it from time to time, but I always call him first and let him know.

Are you sure that the city or some other political entity does not offer trash pick up? I had two trees taken down in my front yard. The tree company probably notified the city's trash pickup. They sent two trucks with scoops and my trees were gone from the property before the sun set.

As far as renting a dumpster, it is usually just a phone call with some arrangement for payment. Credit card will probably be acceptable. Then, when it is full, just call them to pick it up. Easy-peasy!

It's really troublesome to deal with branches. It's also good to have such a company to provide services.

I want to know how Newman109's neighbor is doing 30 dollars per month for a normal size dumpster????

No kidding, when I was in Cali 10 years ago I paid $100 a month for a 2 yarder dumped weekly. Now where I am at there isn't any available trash service. I have to haul my own. The landfill is free here.

Several years ago, my brother went to work for the city where he lives. He was over all of the physical facilities - warehouses, water treatment plant, etc. As part of that, he was also over the city dump. He told me in order to get up to speed, he had been reading the rules book and was surprised to learn that for $25 you could dump in the city landfill entire dead animals including cows, horses, and all other hooved and horned mammals. Then, he noted that due to this admittedly vague loophole, you could also pay $25 to dump out a man with antlers screwed to his head.

Back