What's new
What's new

Have you had good results from new replacement hard top jaws for a Bison Chuck?

Long Tom

Stainless
My main work holder for my Webb is a 10” Bison Set-Tru 3-jaw. Or is it Adjust-Tru..... anyway, about half the time it’s using soft jaws, that I make myself, but the original hard top jaws are pretty tired. The capper was a couple years ago when I was hard-turning some hardened motor shafts and spun one in the jaws. They had a milled keyway and it damaged the “inside” jaw contact points.

Looking online I see replacement jaws available. Wondering if folks see good results from these. It would seem they’d need to be at least skimmed in situ the way one cuts soft jaws in order to really be “true” for a specific chuck? Or maybe it being a Set-Tru type chuck eliminates that as a practical matter.

I love the chuck; once adjusted to a diameter it repeats beautifully.

Curious to hear your experiences and thoughts.

Ive used them they are ok the groove is not as nice of fit as I’d like but seem to work fine. I set my chuck , its a set true, to 0 runout on the outside and grind the jaws true when i get them , they stay pretty good till someone spins a part in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive used them they are ok the groove is not as nice of fit as I’d like but seem to work fine. I set my chuck , its a set true, to 0 runout on the outside and grind the jaws true when i get them , they stay pretty good till someone spins a part in them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m looking at Bison brand jaws. Is that what you got?

Back