Heads up. Scammer alert in the classifieds - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

deleted
    Last edited by Rob F.; 10-19-2020 at 12:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    "Deal is off" ?????
    Buyer said it was a mistake and would send a new check. His bank contacted him and put him in contact with me. I said no thanks, the deal is off. We both apologized and that was it. Maybe I shouldn't have made this thread so soon. But I shouldn't have to call shops and banks and play detective either. For $200. Not worth my time.

Unsigned I could see was a mistake. But endorsed by the issuer was a little odd and makes the check void and unusable. I guess that could be a mistake also. Either way, no loss on either end and we move on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    On maybe a related note about checks clearing and such.... I have a bill set up for auto pay, takes up to 5 business days to clear WTF? It's electronic, I would think 2-3 days max, if not instant like almost anything else you guy electronically....

I could see just sending out a package without waiting for the check to clear from a long time member. And, just because he posted pics of a shop doesn't make him reliable/honest what have you. Look at as9100d looked like he was up and up, with the exception of his constant pushing for anyone and everyone to get itar and shit... we know how that turned out...
    I really don't think you can compare any incident or individual to ISO Man, he was one of a kind. The guy has to own the world record for the number of businesses opened for the purpose of scamming people. I think I gave up one day after finding about a dozen of them. I am still wondering why he took so long to try to pull one here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_paul View Post
    Buyer said it was a mistake and would send a new check. His bank contacted him and put him in contact with me. I said no thanks, the deal is off. We both apologized and that was it. Maybe I shouldn't have made this thread so soon. But I shouldn't have to call shops and banks and play detective either. For $200. Not worth my time.

Unsigned I could see was a mistake. But endorsed by the issuer was a little odd and makes the check void and unusable. I guess that could be a mistake also. Either way, no loss on either end and we move on.
    You’re the worse kind of whining cunt on the planet. Call someone out and then back pedal. Just about as a bad as a lawyer. Fuck you whining cunt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_paul View Post
    Mods delete thread.
    Please don't. This needs to stay on AP's record for the benefit of the rest of the board.

6. Likes Garwood, GregSY, digger doug liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    Please don't. This needs to stay on AP's record for the benefit of the rest of the board.
    He pretty much just comes here to use this place as free E-bay. This isn't the first time he tangled with someone over an issue while selling something. Common sense would have dictated not to do what he did.

8. Likes Mud liked this post