What's new
What's new

Heat Treatment Shop in Western US - Small Batches

Shooter7

Aluminum
Does anyone know a Heat Treat shop in the west / California that is willing to do small batches? I am developing some prototype parts, and will be doing small batches (4 at a time) for a while.
  • 10 gauge sheet metal part CNC cut and cold bent on a press brake (two simple 90 degree bends)
  • 4130 annealed, 10G
  • Heat Treat,Quench and Temper to 36-39 RC. Any more is asking a bit much of 4130.
RightChassisBracket2.JPG

Phoenix Heat Treat (Phoenix, AZ), you'd have to ship obviously, but I think they would deal with you through the mail, not 100% on that. They do small batches, I've had them do 1-2 small parts before, fair prices if you can get your parts thrown into a bigger batch.

Bodycote has facilities every where. It has been some years since I used them but they were reasonable and did good work back then. I had a customer in Canada that used them for batches of 5000 small parts, probably a minimum charge.

Does anyone know a Heat Treat shop in the west / California that is willing to do small batches? I am developing some prototype parts, and will be doing small batches (4 at a time) for a while.
  • 10 gauge sheet metal part CNC cut and cold bent on a press brake (two simple 90 degree bends)
  • 4130 annealed, 10G
  • Heat Treat,Quench and Temper to 36-39 RC. Any more is asking a bit much of 4130.
View attachment 263082

I would think any heat treater would do 4 at a time, be prepared for the minimum charge though.

However as soon as you say 'why is it $xx(xxx) it's only 4 parts' their going to rapidly lose interest.

Last time I checked Metals Technology in Carol Stream, IL was still a $20 minimum charge. Google them for their Web site. I know it's not western US but if you have to ship anyway...
Dennis

Last time I checked Metals Technology in Carol Stream, IL was still a $20 minimum charge. Google them for their Web site. I know it's not western US but if you have to ship anyway...
Dennis

Now that I would call a screaming deal even if your parts fit into a bigger run being processed daily so zip for cost.
The cost of the paper work and time to process a PO, receive, packout, and invoice would eat that 20 bucks fast.
Bob

Back