What's new
What's new

“HELP” Axes servo control fault on Millpwr G2

Hoerezcortez

Plastic
We have a mill controlled by the Acu-Rite Millpwr G2. And it will home fine. But stop and give us the Axes servo control fault alarm and will stop whatever it was doing. Happens constantly. What could be causing this? Started happening right after Christmas break where it was shut down for almost 2 weeks.

Thanks

What is the exact code that it gives? When it faults out, press the setup key and then the soft key for message log. What are the exact codes and numbers on the screen?

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Just gave me two codes:

230-0005 - External e-Stop
PLC-00109 - axes servo control fault

Thanks by the way for the message log. I didn’t know about how to check that.

Hm weird, so it isnt calling out the actual axis that it is looking for. Is this happening during a certain program, step type, or at a specific position on the table? Or just constantly?

Do you guys run heavy coolant on that mill?

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

PS - I only get on here once a day, while I am drinking my morning coffee. If you'd like more help, you can email or call the shop.

Hm weird, so it isnt calling out the actual axis that it is looking for. Is this happening during a certain program, step type, or at a specific position on the table? Or just constantly?

Do you guys run heavy coolant on that mill?

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

PS - I only get on here once a day, while I am drinking my morning coffee. If you'd like more help, you can email or call the shop.

It was doing it at random. Sometimes while it wasn’t even running. But we decided to tighten up the scales for the x and y axis since they were changed about a year ago and it hasn’t done it in 2 days. Seems that may have been the problem.

Back