What's new
What's new

Help. Broken Sinada SB-100. Need manual.

Water pump pro

Plastic
We just purchased a Sinada SB-100 horizontal boring mill without inspecting it first. It will not feed other than with the rapid motor. The facing spindle will not rotate.

I am attempting a repair. I have disassembled most of the head gear train. Some large gears are missing and many gears on the feed side are severly worn and need to be replaced. There is also a missing shift fork.

My biggest problem is that I do not have drawings of the missing gears and fork. I am hoping to find a parts manual or a donor machine that has the parts I need. Can anyone point me in the correct direction to locate a manual or parts. This is my first post here, please excuse me if I am not doing this right.

Thanks,

Travis

image.jpgimage.jpg

I found a manual. I have sketched out fifteen of the sixteen bad gears and now need to find a gear manufacturer. Can anyone recommend one that is both competent and economical?

I found a manual. I have sketched out fifteen of the sixteen bad gears and now need to find a gear manufacturer. Can anyone recommend one that is both competent and economical?

Member Zahnrad Kopf is one of the most prominent, well respected, knowledgeable gear people on the forum. Can't say whether or not he's economical, haven't ever had to use his services, but he's good, and I can't see him being anything but fair. Drop him a PM.

I know this is an OLD thread, but we have the same boring mill, a Sinada SB-100, and I am looking for the manual. If the original poster or anyone else sees this and could help us out, please let me know. This is my first post on PM as well. Thanks folks!

I tried to attached the manual PDF but it is too big. I can email it to you. Or someone can tell me how to attach a larger file here. We use this machine every day and it still works great. We got a bigger boring mill to replace this one when the gear box finally blows up but it keeps on working.

Back