What's new
What's new

Help find metric tube fitting

snowman

Diamond
So I am having a bear of a time locating a compression tube fitting. It’s on the workhead of my induction heater....I want to make up a handful of custom workheads.

8mm (5/16) 45 degree flare compression style tube fitting.

This is the closest I’ve found on amazon...and someplace like fastenal is a no go. I really just want a box of 25 of the nuts.

Anybody recognize it?

Maslin Flare Tube OD 8mm x Flare Tube OD 8mm Brass Flare Male Connector Tube Pneumatic Fitting with Short Flare Nut https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PPHW3CX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_inYRDb7J0G88D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

''I really just want a box of 25 of the nuts.''

Have you looked in Refrigeration Catalogues? ……………..I think? …………...that sounds like a std refrig' flare nut.

On Edit PARKER Short Nut, Flare Connection Type, 5'/'16" Tube Size, 10PK - 1VDT9'|'41FS-5 - Grainger

Not that one if this is correct:
https://www.acrossinternational.com/Round-Shape-Induction-Coil-2-w-Magnet-Intensification-IHRC-2.htm

Flare fittings have special place in my heart... DIN, SAE, JIC, AN... 37, 45 60 degrees, inverted and non-inverted.. dump them all to Mariana trench :D

''I really just want a box of 25 of the nuts.''

Have you looked in Refrigeration Catalogues? ……………..I think? …………...that sounds like a std refrig' flare nut.

On Edit PARKER Short Nut, Flare Connection Type, 5'/'16" Tube Size, 10PK - 1VDT9'|'41FS-5 - Grainger

Over on this side of the pond, both 5/16 and metric make it a non-standard item. I'm a little impressed that grainger has those.

And to better answer if that is correct...I don't know. More specifically...impossible to say.

The thread gauges as metric 1.25, and others have stated that they had to special order the nuts...but nobody has ever said WHERE (other than import).

I'm about to just convert it to a standard off the shelf fitting...one that even us stupid americans carry at the local hardware store.

I tried ordering these off alibaba direct. We'll see if it's correct in a month or so if it shows up. M12 1.25...but could be really really close to 1/2-20. lol If it wasn't carrying a pretty decent amount of current, I'd just use the standard version. Even as it is, it would probably fit to

Flare Tube OD 8mm x M12x1.25mm female Brass Flare Male Connector Tube Pneumatic Fitting with Short Flare Nut-in Pipe Fittings from Home Improvement on AliExpress - 11.11_Double 11_Singles' Day

Back