What's new
What's new

Help finding machine i saw at IMTS

ButtonPusher

Plastic
Hey everyone!
I was at IMTS this past Saturday(which was an awesome show) and came across a certain machine I am trying to get more info on.

It was a drill/mill machine that also had a barfeed/saw in it that functioned like an auto-bandsaw. I cant seem to find anything similar online and am starting to wonder if all those free beers had me seeing things. Any help on finding that machine or something similar would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hey everyone!
I was at IMTS this past Saturday(which was an awesome show) and came across a certain machine I am trying to get more info on.

It was a drill/mill machine that also had a barfeed/saw in it that functioned like an auto-bandsaw. I cant seem to find anything similar online and am starting to wonder if all those free beers had me seeing things. Any help on finding that machine or something similar would be appreciated.

Thanks!
If it was ungodly expensive it might have been a Chiron (German)

detail1.jpg

This seems very high likelihood. Only other thing I could find was Stama-America...(Bold Emphasis Mine)

"Stama America’s MC 726 MT is a five-axis, CNC milling/turning center designed for continuous production from barstock of multiple and different parts. The company says the machine’s fast change-over, HSK-A63 60-position tool magazine and trunnion swivel assembly make it useful for complex surgical tools, implants and other medical apparatus. In bar-feeding applications, the material stock is fed directly to the rotating/swiveling trunnion positioning device."

Although it appears Stama and Chiron are directly related as "CHIRON America, Inc., is now the official importer of STAMA machining centers for the United States, Canada and Mexico."

Now to simply add a robot to remove the parts, and place them in the box....:D

If you paid extra, could you get your material supplier re-stock the bar feeder as well ?

Just kidding....:skep:

IIRC a old copy of "machinery" magazine showed a K&T early N.C. with such a
set up.
I think it was the style with the rotary tool magazine on top (tools pointing
up) and with the goofy tool holders with "encoding rings" on the shank.

It is a nice concept though, to try and automate more of the mindless work.

detail1.jpg

Possibly, but it didn't seem as complex as these machines. It seemed like a pretty basic 2.5 axis VMC with an automatic bandsaw running through it. I can't find anything like it online. These machines are amazing though. incredibly impressive.

Sounds like something like a beam line, saws and drills RSJ's better ones are pretty compact and ever more like what your describing despite haveing some pretty large capcities.

Sounds like something like a beam line, saws and drills RSJ's better ones are pretty compact and ever more like what your describing despite haveing some pretty large capcities.

I cant find anything similar, every beam line I am seeing are much much larger. This machine was drilling and tapping square extrusion and cutting to length around 8" long or so. The extrusion was probably 2"x4". All I can find for beam machines are absolutely massive units.

Not to be a buzzkill, but could this be spam? OP has only 4 posts. Looks like an attempt to have others identify the machine he's flogging. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Not to be a buzzkill, but could this be spam? OP has only 4 posts. Looks like an attempt to have others identify the machine he's flogging. Apologies if I'm wrong.

No spam here. I made an account just to try and see if I can find it, I’m serously starting to think I had a few too many free beers in Chicago and dreamt this machine up.

I have wanted to make an account for a while, and now that I have one I do plan on using it when I can.

No apologies neccesary. I get what it looks like, but I’m just a curious machinist.

Hey everyone!

Thanks!

The beers have made you vague. Like your didn't say if it was CNC. So we can only throw darts at it.

Could it have been this Scotchman? It cuts, drills and taps. GAA-5 9 DT 2 | Cold Saw | Scotchman Industries

Regards Phil.

I'll see Milacron's German Chiron, and raise him a Swedish Modig. Gosiger are the agents.

Bar And Extrusion Mill | Modig.

Don't believe the Chiron FX 08 or 12 MT series actually have a band saw. Likewise the Modig. You'd actually hack them to length using the 30k rpm spindle. No saw. It would only be about a $300k - $400K difference between them, and a utilitarian machine such as the Scotchman .

Regards Phil.

No spam here. I made an account just to try and see if I can find it, I’m serously starting to think I had a few too many free beers in Chicago and dreamt this machine up.
I get what it looks like, but I’m just a curious machinist.

Aren't they all?

:)

HUGE show. Record-setting.

Is there any chance.. that what you tripped over was a very ordinary MC with a co-op display off a partnership with an automated saw vendor sharing exhibit space and costs for mutual benefit?

Just does not seem to be in the same economic ZONE as what has been posited, so far. New, small, hungry, and hopeful, rather.

Also why you can't recall a name they have not yet made for themselves. And may-never.

Is there any chance.. that what you tripped over was a very ordinary MC with a co-op display off a partnership with an automated saw vendor sharing exhibit space and costs for mutual benefit?
He most specifically said.
It was a drill/mill machine that also had a barfeed/saw in it that functioned like an auto-bandsaw.

Those free beers, you would have to be drunk off your tits, to see a saw and a machine on the same booth and merge then together.

Pretty sure we are still hunting that machine down.

[/COLOR]Those free beers, you would have to be drunk off your tits, to see a saw and a machine on the same booth and merge then together.

Wouldn't have wanted to put a sheet-metal worker out of a job, nor a painter, either, who'd cabinet-OSHA-ize such rigs, more likely sober, and nowhere yet near the exhibit floor when it was all mated-up - just as the "Big Boys" do, BTW - just so you could have wet dreams about bare-naked barfeeder/bandsaws.

:D

So many machine-tools on display, there is an actual chance even PM may not find this one.

And "PM" is my source. Dropped an "E-magazine" into my inbox. Somebody was doing more working than scarfing free beer.

And oh, BTW "Beer"?, In AMERICA? Now THERE'S A JOKE! Or perhaps just a travesty...

[/COLOR]Those free beers, you would have to be drunk off your tits, to see a saw and a machine on the same booth and merge then together.

Was probably distracted by the fine quality of the "Booth Babes".....

Was probably distracted by the fine quality of the "Booth Babes".....

If I'd have known they had decent "Booth Babes" I mought have actually bothered to go to the show... OTOH, it's 2018. In corn-fed high-fructose, 60 times needed salt, and growth-hormone onpassed, never-my-fault-I-have-a-glandular-condition America.

Thunder thighs, massive "booty", basketball-sized silicone mams, ankles like a T-Rex and size 15 feet to carry the mass and botoxed-already faces on a 20-something were never my thing, so.. glad I stood home..

:D

The beers have made you vague. Like your didn't say if it was CNC. So we can only throw darts at it.

Could it have been this Scotchman? It cuts, drills and taps. GAA-5 9 DT 2 | Cold Saw | Scotchman Industries

Regards Phil.

This was more of a regular CNC vertical mill with a barfeeder and bandsaw (possibly cold saw, never saw it cut or run) but this is much closer than the giant beam machines posted so far.

I'll see Milacron's German Chiron, and raise him a Swedish Modig. Gosiger are the agents.

Bar And Extrusion Mill | Modig.

Don't believe the Chiron FX 08 or 12 MT series actually have a band saw. Likewise the Modig. You'd actually hack them to length using the 30k rpm spindle. No saw. It would only be about a $300k - $400K difference between them, and a utilitarian machine such as the Scotchman .

Regards Phil.

No fancy rotary like those. Much more of a standard CNC vertical mill.

Back