What's new
What's new

Help with Heidenhain Pos-E-Touch DRO

PeterH48

Aluminum
I have a Bridgeport J head that came with an old Heidenhain Pos-E-Touch digital readout. It is a 2 axis unit which controls the X and Y axis. I cannot get the Y axis to zero out. When I turn it on, all the digits display all 888888's. According to the manual, it is supposed to do that. If I turn the table handle and move the X table it will display correctly the distance I moved the table. If I then hit the X button on the DRO display, and then the clear button it zeros out. If I do the same thing with the Y, it does not. It almost seems like it is saving a dimension. I'm not that well versed on DRO's so it has me stumped on how to get that y axis to zero out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

if its what im thinking it is. Big one,kinda looks like on old tv or microwave. Big backlit buttons.
I had one come on my BP. No support for it. Mine would originally only work if you kept a piece of folded paper wedged in-between two buttons. Then it stopped turning on altogether.

Found one just like this but for about 150
https://ebay.us/TE0aaT

if its what im thinking it is. Big one,kinda looks like on old tv or microwave. Big backlit buttons.
I had one come on my BP. No support for it. Mine would originally only work if you kept a piece of folded paper wedged in-between two buttons. Then it stopped turning on altogether.

Found one just like this but for about 150
https://ebay.us/TE0aaT

Mine is not really that big. Here is a link to one just like I have.

Heidenhain digital readout | eBay

Mine is a Pos-E-Touch II

The same hold true. No support. No knowledge out in the wild.
Even on the one I showed you, there is no support. It is just alot simpler inside than the pos-e-touch
On the plus side, the scales will work on newer readouts.

Ran one for years.

but it has been a while

gave it to a friend

Is it:

Y

ENT

maybe

[edit]

Reason I got rid of it is it was getting flaky, give me EEEEE on startup or something

they are from the 70's after all......
It is also possible it is not reading the Y scale. I think the +- sign might blink when moving IIRC

Switch scales to check

Back