What's new
What's new

Help Identifying Parts

Still Bill

Plastic
Hello. New member here (Still Bill from Florida). I have just inherited a large amount of various machine tool parts. Mostly lathe accessories. I have no personal use for them, and plan to sell most on eBay. I could use some help identifying some of them. What they are called, where used, brands, etc.

For example, I have several Lathe Face Plates. These all appear to have 2.5" center thread, with 4 TPI. I know what are, but it would be helpful to know what they fit on (brands,models, etc). I have 11", 12" and 16" diameters with stamped numbers including G120, K398A, L40933, 12334. But no indication of brands. Here is photo of center thread (same for all).

DSC09806.jpg

I also have a bunch of these. I think they are "mandrels", but any particular kind?
DSC09833.jpg

Your "mandrels" look more like hole gages to me.

Lack of responses so far may be due to the perception that you are asking for us to work for free to help you make money.

You might win good-will as well as money if you posted good pictures of your loot in the "for sale": section here and asked for offers.

Thanks. Well, I guess I am asking for help to make money,but keeping good usable American-made parts out of the scrap-yard and getting them to a new home at a fair price is a noble cause (I think).

Thanks. Well, I guess I am asking for help to make money,but keeping good usable American-made parts out of the scrap-yard and getting them to a new home at a fair price is a noble cause (I think).

Are you Kenny Tarmac's brother ?

Back