What's new
What's new

Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundguy.paul

Plastic
I have an aluminum plate that has engravings for an electrical switch (Up, Down and Logo). My question is how would you suggest I paint the plate White and fill the engraved letters and logo with a Blue color? The engraving is approximately 1mm deep and wide. I thought about filling the engraving with the Blue wait for this to dry, then apply wax (crayon or candle wax) then sand and clean the plate. then apply the white paint to the entire piece. if I heat the backside to melt the wax and clean off the wax and white paint from the engraving...

Has anyone tried this or have a better method?

Thanks
paul

What I normally do is to paint the plate white and let it dry. Then paint the engraving say blue. It will also paint over a bit of the white but I just wipe it off with a dry or slightly damp solvent cloth.
When sanding the wax you will most likely smear it on the area you need to paint afterwards. Also when melting and cleaning the wax you may damage the white paint on the edges of the engraving.

Don't be hurt or offended.....
This thread will be locked because of a meaningless title.

Maybe ? painting aluminum engravings ?
Or something that describes the questions....

And of course all the clever guys who will post
"In before the lock!"
Or
"INN before the LOCH' with a picture of an inn in front of a lake.

Please repost a new thread with a Descriptive title.. This IS a good question, and there are good answers.

Carry on.

Yes, change the title of your question to be specific. Asking for help is disrespectul of other's time: it forces anyone who actually wants to help people to read your note.

Yes, change the title of your question to be specific. Asking for help is disrespectul of other's time: it forces anyone who actually wants to help people to read your note.

What sort of Commie bastards want to help people without getting paid for it?! It's un-American, I tells ya!

[Firefox doesn't include "un-American" in its default dictionary. That's un-American too!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back