What's new
What's new

Help with seals for hydraulic cylinder

Zip

Aluminum
I need a hydraulic cylinder seal kit for my 6000 lb scissor lift. It has 2 cylinders and one is leaking via the weep hole at full extension. The only part number I see is on the ram collar: 12040609, the cylinder body is 3.25", the ram diameter is 1.75 and the closed pin to pin distance is approx 22.5". Can you help?
Thanks

I need a hydraulic cylinder seal kit for my 6000 lb scissor lift. It has 2 cylinders and one is leaking via the weep hole at full extension. The only part number I see is on the ram collar: 12040609, the cylinder body is 3.25", the ram diameter is 1.75 and the closed pin to pin distance is approx 22.5". Can you help?
Thanks
Either take the cylinders to a hyd shop or remove the seals and take everything to hyd shop. They will match up to what you have, if you try to order by part numbers it will probably be wrong. (voice of experience)
Be sure to do both rams since the other is not far behind the leaker

...If you try to order by part numbers it will probably be wrong...

Yeah, buying parts from the OEM based on numbers alone can be a crapshoot. Even if they get them
right chances are you'll pay way more than you would for generic parts. Just disassemble the cylinders
and take the original seals to a good supplier--they've got to come apart to be replaced anyway so there's
no real inconvenience...

Pics of the cyl? Type of lift? ( loading dock lift or man lift )
You’re gonna need to check the bore for those single acting cylinders, could be rusted.

Back