What's new
What's new

Help with vib finishing media, MSC #?

cyanidekid

Titanium
Hi, im ordering some vibratory finishing media today from MSC, (need it tomorrow), and looking for a MSC stocked recommendation if possible.

I'm using an Ultrvibe 45 from Thumblers tumblers, and I'm deburring and finishing a 2" aluminum cube cut from extruded 6061, 1/8 wall square tube, with some 10-24 and 1/4-20 holes drilled and tapped in it, anyone have a recommendation for a plastic pyramid I can order from them?

I'm thinking a 1/4 or 3/8 medium grit is about right any thoughts? thanks!

3/8 would probably be better because it will cut faster and would take longer to wear down to a size that would lodge in those holes.
The last time I checked the MSC price was kinda high on media. Media is the only thing that is expensive at Harbor Freight. I can't get you any by tomorrow but if you need some in the future, here is my price list.
Mass Finishing Media Vibratory Finishing Media Steel Ball Burnishing Media
(I hope this is ok to do?)

3/8 would probably be better because it will cut faster and would take longer to wear down to a size that would lodge in those holes.
The last time I checked the MSC price was kinda high on media. Media is the only thing that is expensive at Harbor Freight. I can't get you any by tomorrow but if you need some in the future, here is my price list.
Mass Finishing Media Vibratory Finishing Media Steel Ball Burnishing Media
(I hope this is ok to do?)

Nothing to add other than Rick Seeman is a stand up guy and I've bought media from them several times for our small operation.

Hi. I would say Rick is correct. The big size media deburr faster than small size media and it works longer and cost less.
The only thing to concern is that if you can get your entire parts surface finished.
You can check the Inovatec Machinery website if you have big volume order to make.
R620-German-Rosler-Design-vibratory-industrial-vibratory-tumbling-machine.jpg

Is this a bot or......

NO beating 'round the bushes. Just SPAM!!

Oh, Don! Where are you when we need you?!?!

Pssst....

EG is back from the dead.
Take a look at this spammer's profile page. He was there.....
Joined 5-23-20.
26 posts in 24 hours. :willy_nilly:

Back