What's new
What's new

Help with a vice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brethren

Plastic
Hello everyone first i wanted to apolagize ahead of time if this is in the wrong area of the forums..My names David and i got extrmely lucky and purchased a garage ( inside stuff) for a rediculous deal the ppl moved to florida and left everything andthey were hoarders BUT new in boxes ,i got cabinests,tools,welders,new compund mitre saw,,a Sorrenson 3 stone oil whetstone WITH ORIGINAL OIL !! that things beutiful wow,but i also got a cross slide vice which is not small nor is it large and there are no identifacation stamped anywhere on it except the number...100.. can anyone help me figure out who made this ?.its becoming a mission-obsession lol...

sorry bout that had to get a phone broke mine working,i did post some pics just a moment ago

i never asked if i wanted to use my drill press as a milling machine did i dickhead?.But ty for the answer atleast i got that figured out ..so the stamp 100 is for harbor frieght items?.and i know there sold in harbor freight and every big box store in the world i was asking more about the brand name but if its a HF item so be it ,thank you

Whatever vise it is will make any part look like it was chewed from "billet" by a starved rat with brazed on teeth.

Sorry, but that's the unfortunate truth.

And digger is right, it's a HF special. 5 in. Cross Slide Vise

i never asked if i wanted to use my drill press as a milling machine did i dickhead?.But ty for the answer atleast i got that figured out ..so the stamp 100 is for harbor frieght items?.and i know there sold in harbor freight and every big box store in the world i was asking more about the brand name but if its a HF item so be it ,thank you

Oopsie...time for you to leave now Twinky.

i know its a cross slide vice and you can purchase them at HF but i once again am just asking if it is a HF brand or if anyone might now who stamped there tools with just 100 is all ?

i see it now,,thank you everyone ,i went to HF website and there cross slide vice is so painted up you can barely see the ..100 on it...ty again

I need help with my vices too. They are also "neither big nor small".

I have no fucking clue, how you use a vice to Mill stuff. Hookers holding the parts, Gamblers pushing stuff around on the table???

R

>>OP, we're all in a sour mood today.....:o

But Rob and Doug are right, you would better served and less ridiculed on a hobbyist forum.

And yes, I know why they didn't take it along to Florida.

Being from Ohio I'll guess it's the weather. I have seen the actual real temperature at -25F in the winter and 105F in the summer 130F temp difference in a years time is not fun.

I’m not Sherlock Holmes but I’d guess 100 is mm, carried by a one legged man up a flight of stairs while whistling stairway to heaven
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back