What's new
What's new

Help with Wilson Rockwell Hardness Tester

Dave Hodson

Plastic
I recently picked up a Wilson Rockwell hardness tester (Model 3JR) and was wondering if it can be calibrated.

I figured out how to use it and my calibrated test block reads fine so i'm okay but I was just wondering if there was a way to calibrate them in the event that it starts to wander off the test block.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Dave

I recently picked up a Wilson Rockwell hardness tester (Model 3JR) and was wondering if it can be calibrated.

I figured out how to use it and my calibrated test block reads fine so i'm okay but I was just wondering if there was a way to calibrate them in the event that it starts to wander off the test block.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Dave

Just go online, you can download a manual, that is what I did.

Hi and thanks for your reply

I did that but none if the ones I found had anything about calibrating the tester itself. I read the test block fine and the value matches the documentation that came with block but if the machine wasn't reading the value, I don't know how I'd adjust the tester to read differently.

If you have a manual that shows how, could you summarize it for me?

Regards
Dave

I once had that same tester... The tech from the gage house that calibrated it said as follows. If it is only a point or 2 off, don't touch it.. Very difficult to get both high and low ends right...

Back