What's new
What's new

HG Indicator stand rebuilding?

Luke Rickert

Hot Rolled
I have aquired a few Hörger & Gässler (HG) indicator stands, both hydraulic and mechanical. Does anyone know of drawings etc for how these things go together? It isn't instantly obvious when looking at them :) I should probably check with the company but figured I would start here. I presume they go together like other stands so if someone knows how to service a hydraulic NOGA that might be a start.

IMG_20170202_175512217.jpg

IMG_20170202_175520844.jpg

thanks

Luke

I've disassembled a few Noga types in order to reassemble them in custom configurations. You turn the locking knob all the way off, and most of it falls apart in your hands. There are wedges in the center that push on rods in the hollow arms, the rods jam the balls into the end swivels. The end swivels are held on by spring rings that you can access once the arms are disassembled. Don't be afraid of lots of tiny parts, it's fairly simple inside, just do your initial disassembly over a clean tray until you understand it. I worked on 2 that were called "Hydraulic", they were exactly the same inside.

Thanks Mud, these must be a bit different as removing the knob doesn't seem to free up anything.

I will email the company and see if they will provide drawings etc. you never know.

These things are worth a few hours of my time anyway given the cost new.

L

Perhaps a little tapping will help. On the good ones, all the parts fit very closely, and after some use things can develop burrs and bind up a little. Which is perhaps why you want to service them?

I ended up with half a dozen different indicator stands from HG and Mitutoyo that don't lock. The HG ones are rather expensive new so they should be serviceable I think. I could take the worst of them and do a destructive disassembly via cross-section with an abrasive disk but that seems like a pain :)

L

Have you managed to open and service them?
I have some hg ones aswell i would like to repair.
Thnak

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N770F met Tapatalk

Back