What's new
What's new

What is wrong with this forum now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PM is on a tab on my computer, I can normally go anywhere else, click the tab and now I am back on PM. I have always been able to refresh a thread to get the latest post. Now I have to log in everytime. even if a post is up for too long it logs me out. This is a massive pita. I have probably had to log on 10 times today. WTF over?

PM is on a tab on my computer, I can normally go anywhere else, click the tab and now I am back on PM. I have always been able to refresh a thread to get the latest post. Now I have to log in everytime. even if a post is up for too long it logs me out. This is a massive pita. I have probably had to log on 10 times today. WTF over?

Working as usual for me. Operating system and browser?

its some setting on your machine. try clearing your cookies and browser cache, then sign in again and click remember me. usually fixes problems like this.

It is your tin foil hat. So yesterday. All the right people are wearing copper pyramid hats these days. Please be sure to ground it to earth.

google chrome

I don't use that as much, but try this:

Very top right, should be three "dots" stacked together, click on that.

Go down to "Settings" (third from bottom) and click.

Click "Privacy and Security" on left.

On right you'll see "Clear browser data", click on small arrow at right side.

Now you have three option boxes, when blue they'll be active. Decide what you want to purge (blue) or leave as is (un-click to white).

Press the blue "Clear Data" box. You may have other sites with saved passwords and the like, so be aware that you will likely have to reenter that information when you go back to them.

At that point I'd close the browser and reopen it. Hope this works for you.

I don't use that as much, but try this:

Very top right, should be three "dots" stacked together, click on that.

Go down to "Settings" (third from bottom) and click.

Click "Privacy and Security" on left.

On right you'll see "Clear browser data", click on small arrow at right side.

Now you have three option boxes, when blue they'll be active. Decide what you want to purge (blue) or leave as is (un-click to white).

Press the blue "Clear Data" box. You may have other sites with saved passwords and the like, so be aware that you will likely have to reenter that information when you go back to them.

At that point I'd close the browser and reopen it. Hope this works for you.

Ok, thanks I'll try it.

Look out the front window from time to time. We are in the middle of a pandemic and a lot of people are working at home now. That just may be a strain on your ISP's ability to keep up with different patterns of internet traffic. Their distribution network in the downtown areas of the big cities may be humming along faster than ever while out in the 'burbs the digital pipes may be clogging up a bit.

Talk to your ISP. I bet you'll get an ear full.

One thing that you may be able to do to help the situation is to re-boot your internet modem and/or wifi router when things slow down. Or even do it periodically.

yeah..maybe your ISP will let you upgrade..for a nominal fee, so you can get the speed they have been promising before you upgraded. The cable companies should be sent to prison for crimes against humanity. When PG&E killed power because of the horrible fires in California the cable companies didn't start their generators to allow continued internet service. The entire world is interned based now..WTF

Stuart

yeah..maybe your ISP will let you upgrade..for a nominal fee, so you can get the speed they have been promising before you upgraded. The cable companies should be sent to prison for crimes against humanity. When PG&E killed power because of the horrible fires in California the cable companies didn't start their generators to allow continued internet service. The entire world is interned based now..WTF

Stuart

Could you imagine if there was a broad internet shutdown across the country now? Zombie apocalypse movies wouldn't come close to the reality of madness that would occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back