What's new
What's new

Hoping for help on Campbell Hausfeld compressor pump

cycub

Plastic
I have what I am pretty sure is a TF000021p pump from 1981 or so. I am hoping someone here would have some knowledge of these pumps. I am having trouble finding a manual and parts, trying to confirm oil fill level, etc. I found some rebuild kits on eBay but just wanted to try to find someone else who may have more knowledge than I e been able to clean so far.

I have what I am pretty sure is a TF000021p pump from 1981 or so. I am hoping someone here would have some knowledge of these pumps. I am having trouble finding a manual and parts, trying to confirm oil fill level, etc. I found some rebuild kits on eBay but just wanted to try to find someone else who may have more knowledge than I e been able to clean so far.
Yep. I have one. Grainger sold the same pump as a Speedaire 3z492a. I have the spec sheets and parts diagrams somewhere. Ill try to find them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Is the tank one of the parts that need replacing? How big is the tank and what is the blast radius if that old tank fails?
I have a seriously old Worthington Pump 2 stage compressor driven be a RI motor. Ran really reliable when taken out of service. I may bring it back to life with a new tank. Low RPMs and quiet.

Is the tank one of the parts that need replacing? How big is the tank and what is the blast radius if that old tank fails?
I have a seriously old Worthington Pump 2 stage compressor driven be a RI motor. Ran really reliable when taken out of service. I may bring it back to life with a new tank. Low RPMs and quiet.

60 gallon. I hydro tested the tank to 300 psi prior to putting it into service.

Yep. I have one. Grainger sold the same pump as a Speedaire 3z492a. I have the spec sheets and parts diagrams somewhere. Ill try to find them.

Awesome. Thanks for looking

Awesome. Thanks for looking
No problem. I'm curious, who made your tank? Mine is a 60 gallon, too. I wonder if CH and Grainger used the same tanks.

No problem. I'm curious, who made your tank? Mine is a 60 gallon, too. I wonder if CH and Grainger used the same tanks.

The tank was made by Melben Products Div. Leitchfield KY

The tank was made by Melben Products Div. Leitchfield KY
Yep. I just checked my tank. Same name on mine and it's dated 1983. I found the papers I was looking for. I'm going to check an old hard drive to see if I have the PDF. Otherwise, I'll scan what I have and you'll have to deal with the greasy fingerprints all over them. That pump was nasty when I got it and the papers I printed out stayed on the workbench for a long time.

I didn't have the right paint when I put it back together, so I just grabbed a can of silver and painted the pump. Never read the label on the can. I have a chrome compressor now. That's gotta add at least a few CFM, though.

Yep. I just checked my tank. Same name on mine and it's dated 1983. I found the papers I was looking for. I'm going to check an old hard drive to see if I have the PDF. Otherwise, I'll scan what I have and you'll have to deal with the greasy fingerprints all over them. That pump was nasty when I got it and the papers I printed out stayed on the workbench for a long time.

I didn't have the right paint when I put it back together, so I just grabbed a can of silver and painted the pump. Never read the label on the can. I have a chrome compressor now. That's gotta add at least a few CFM, though.

Have you had any luck finding that hard drive?

Edit: tried uploading the images again...View attachment 324835View attachment 324836View attachment 324837View attachment 324838View attachment 324839
f8ff35f501df4e947d273059ced71929.jpg

Not sure why it uploaded those in low res. I'll try again.

Ok, hopefully the text is legible this time. Having to add each photo as its on post.

9c49709e3c312d8481ae140f874d017c.jpg

Page 6 (page 5 is the exploded view, see above) The torque specs on this page are for dry torque, not lubed.
afe54e9e8e25c4c64f020713354251e7.jpg

And page 7. The PDF I found didnt have a page 1 - It was blank. Not sure what it would've been.
fa5dc2c4828cff9aab9c3962be6fbf74.jpg

I have a question for you all have any of u done an actual rebuild on the top end of one of these pumps? when I took mine apart it was not stacked like the one in the diagram. mine had the plate/gasket (#21) down by the cylinder not next to the head is the pic the right way to assemble it? But I should ad that when I got it it was by it self and someone might have been into it.PXL_20210805_223321527.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210805_223321527.jpg
    PXL_20210805_223321527.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 28
I have a question for you all have any of u done an actual rebuild on the top end of one of these pumps? when I took mine apart it was not stacked like the one in the diagram. mine had the plate/gasket (#21) down by the cylinder not next to the head is the pic the right way to assemble it? But I should ad that when I got it it was by it self and someone might have been into it.View attachment 326470

Back