Hoping for help on Campbell Hausfeld compressor pump
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Hoping for help on Campbell Hausfeld compressor pump

    I have what I am pretty sure is a TF000021p pump from 1981 or so. I am hoping someone here would have some knowledge of these pumps. I am having trouble finding a manual and parts, trying to confirm oil fill level, etc. I found some rebuild kits on eBay but just wanted to try to find someone else who may have more knowledge than I e been able to clean so far.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cycub View Post
    I have what I am pretty sure is a TF000021p pump from 1981 or so. I am hoping someone here would have some knowledge of these pumps. I am having trouble finding a manual and parts, trying to confirm oil fill level, etc. I found some rebuild kits on eBay but just wanted to try to find someone else who may have more knowledge than I e been able to clean so far.
    Yep. I have one. Grainger sold the same pump as a Speedaire 3z492a. I have the spec sheets and parts diagrams somewhere. Ill try to find them.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Se Ma USA
    Posts
    2,287
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    183
    Likes (Received)
    1256

    Default

    Is the tank one of the parts that need replacing? How big is the tank and what is the blast radius if that old tank fails?
    I have a seriously old Worthington Pump 2 stage compressor driven be a RI motor. Ran really reliable when taken out of service. I may bring it back to life with a new tank. Low RPMs and quiet.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy887 View Post
    Is the tank one of the parts that need replacing? How big is the tank and what is the blast radius if that old tank fails?
    I have a seriously old Worthington Pump 2 stage compressor driven be a RI motor. Ran really reliable when taken out of service. I may bring it back to life with a new tank. Low RPMs and quiet.
    60 gallon. I hydro tested the tank to 300 psi prior to putting it into service.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 52 Ford View Post
    Yep. I have one. Grainger sold the same pump as a Speedaire 3z492a. I have the spec sheets and parts diagrams somewhere. Ill try to find them.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Awesome. Thanks for looking

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cycub View Post
    Awesome. Thanks for looking
    No problem. I'm curious, who made your tank? Mine is a 60 gallon, too. I wonder if CH and Grainger used the same tanks.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 52 Ford View Post
    No problem. I'm curious, who made your tank? Mine is a 60 gallon, too. I wonder if CH and Grainger used the same tanks.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    The tank was made by Melben Products Div. Leitchfield KY

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cycub View Post
    The tank was made by Melben Products Div. Leitchfield KY
    Yep. I just checked my tank. Same name on mine and it's dated 1983. I found the papers I was looking for. I'm going to check an old hard drive to see if I have the PDF. Otherwise, I'll scan what I have and you'll have to deal with the greasy fingerprints all over them. That pump was nasty when I got it and the papers I printed out stayed on the workbench for a long time.

    I didn't have the right paint when I put it back together, so I just grabbed a can of silver and painted the pump. Never read the label on the can. I have a chrome compressor now. That's gotta add at least a few CFM, though.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 52 Ford View Post
    Yep. I just checked my tank. Same name on mine and it's dated 1983. I found the papers I was looking for. I'm going to check an old hard drive to see if I have the PDF. Otherwise, I'll scan what I have and you'll have to deal with the greasy fingerprints all over them. That pump was nasty when I got it and the papers I printed out stayed on the workbench for a long time.

    I didn't have the right paint when I put it back together, so I just grabbed a can of silver and painted the pump. Never read the label on the can. I have a chrome compressor now. That's gotta add at least a few CFM, though.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Have you had any luck finding that hard drive?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Not sure why it uploaded those in low res. I'll try again.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Ok, hopefully the text is legible this time. Having to add each photo as its on post.


  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Page 3

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Page 4

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Page 6 (page 5 is the exploded view, see above) The torque specs on this page are for dry torque, not lubed.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    And page 7. The PDF I found didnt have a page 1 - It was blank. Not sure what it would've been.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Iowa
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Awesome! Thanks much for sticking with the uploads.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    No problem! Hopefully it helps.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

  19. Likes markkhot rod liked this post
  20. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Posts
    7
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    I have a question for you all have any of u done an actual rebuild on the top end of one of these pumps? when I took mine apart it was not stacked like the one in the diagram. mine had the plate/gasket (#21) down by the cylinder not next to the head is the pic the right way to assemble it? But I should ad that when I got it it was by it self and someone might have been into it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]326470
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pxl_20210805_223321527.jpg  

  21. #20
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    290
    Likes (Received)
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markkhot rod View Post
    I have a question for you all have any of u done an actual rebuild on the top end of one of these pumps? when I took mine apart it was not stacked like the one in the diagram. mine had the plate/gasket (#21) down by the cylinder not next to the head is the pic the right way to assemble it? But I should ad that when I got it it was by it self and someone might have been into it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]326470
    It's been a while since I had one apart, but the picture you attached doesn't look right. I have a 492 that I had apart a while ago. I'll pull the head off and send a picture. It's sitting by the toolbox, anyway...

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •